Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 99757 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 343
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #1125 on: February 16, 2021, 08:46:33 AM »

>>From Quarters>>

"Bugger!" The exclamation was clear enough, an amused disappointment crossed Elle's features as her slender frame finally caught up with everyone else in the gate room.

Crossing the large space, slipping around the MALP as it made its way slowly up the ramp; she acknowledged all those present with polite nod. Those long legs she was famous for soon had her standing next to Mike. "Yes I know, Mrs Slow." White teeth showed behind unpainted lips. "I'll have to remind you dearest, its a woman's prerogative." God she wanted to cuddle him, some how time, just a year and a bit, with that roguish growth on his face; had made him even more handsome than before. Restraint was the order of the day; Elle didn't care much what the troops felt, it was Chalmers she didn't want to alienate right now, and at least there were still a few more yet to arrive.

Leaning close to Mike speaking low she said. "I don't think she'll make a speech. Jack on the other hand is a different story." Although she was yet to see him there.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Veteran52

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #1126 on: February 16, 2021, 10:46:53 AM »

She had packed her seabag and it 'felt' like it Moving towards the elevator, she ran through its contents: uniforms, her kit( with extras), other garments and a book or two."Must be thinking of necessary items...yes...am all "set",as the Americans say .But I am glad that I got my  patches sewn onto my uniforms"She thought to herself."Now, Im needing to focus on my new job and the responsibilities, to make my Captain proud, and to serve our ship!! The entire ride had been but less than a minute, but her excitement was building."It is true what that old show said...SPACE...THE FINAL FRONTIER..."Then she stepped out of the elevator and moved into join the rest of her new crew.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 02:22:01 PM by Mim »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #1127 on: February 17, 2021, 09:38:08 AM »

Bryan glanced over when he heard Bonnie, shocked to see her talking and laughing with Cate.  Well that was a sight he never thought he'd see.  "I'm glad to hear that.  I brought the picnic lunch," he whispered to her before nodding at Taer and Al.   "I think you might be right, sir, but she's laughing right now.  And hello captain.  Of course we're ready. "

Flynn rechecked her bag.  She looked up at Cate.  "Wait, we're supposed to bring our toothbrushes?" She giggled.   It was a good reminder though. 

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #1128 on: February 18, 2021, 12:55:46 PM »

"Well I'll be damned! That is something you don't see everyday. Mark this down on your calender Walker; you saw Cate MacGregor laughing, that is historic believe me." Not that he hadn't seen it before this; it's just such a rare event. "Let's hope she can maintain that mentality when we're facing down a few bad guys; angry gets you killed, or worse, your teammates." 

"Bonnie, I'm surprised, very surprised you know that." He'd seen her go through a lot of emotions of late. Loosing her good eye was the catalyst for a downhill slide, which he didn't think she'd come back from. Yet as he knew, Heckman was made of the right stuff as they say at NASA.

@Thaddeus
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:01:31 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #1129 on: February 18, 2021, 08:07:11 PM »

DJ had checked his kit twice before he had left his quarters; packing the essentials plus spares. His bergen was already heavier than usual for what he had grown accustomed to but, this was a long-haul journey and he needed to pack more due to the weaponry that he was lugging along with him.

He arrived at the gateroom, seeing that everyone seemed to already be gathering and ready. DJ cleared his throat, coming to a stop nearby to where the rest of his team was. Seemed like it was rather rare to see Cate McGregor smile, or laugh. Noted.

"I got a spare....if you need." He offered. "All good this end, Commander."

Once again, he spared a look at so many people gathering by the gate; noting the newly promoted Captain Cutter it seemed who looked a little more intimidating with a fresh shave now that they were getting ready to head off.

@Mim @Ellen_Ripley @sorra @NG @Veteran52 @Troy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:22:13 PM by Thaddeus »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1130 on: February 22, 2021, 10:14:50 AM »

<Control Room>

"Chief." Jack said quietly as he stood behind the desk, leaning forward slightly so that he could be seen by those in the gate room. He had followed everything in his office after stopping there briefly, the CCTV feed allowed him to see all that had taken place up until he went down the steel staircase. "Looks like things are ready then." He picked up the Mic and spoke clearly. "Send it through Captain Amir."

@DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #1131 on: February 22, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »

Ben entered the gate room fully geared. Taer watched him approach his CO and nodded while turning toward the control room. He replied to the general's order, "Yes sir." Facing the blue, shimmery puddle that offered its warm glow upon the small gate room, the captain adjusted the toggle of the remote for the MALP. It began its ascent up the ramp and slowly into the active gate where it disappeared as the inanimate molecules dissipated for transport to re appear on the other side.

Ben checked his gear one more time and made sure he had everything. It was vital to him to include his personal tablet that he uses for constant update. He just brought a new one to replace his old one and it included all the recent updates and files he needed for the mission. Looking at Damian, he nodded "Captain."

Meanwhile, in the control room, Noah overlooked the computer as he watched the screen where the Malp would be projecting its image. He relayed its status to General O'Neil The Malp is on its way, sir. It should reach its destination in a few seconds.

@Ellen_Ripley @Thaddeus  @sorra @NG @Veteran52 @Troy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:47:37 PM by DanielRyder »
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • NG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has AscendedNG Has Ascended
« Reply #1132 on: February 26, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »

>>From Quarters>>

"Bugger!" The exclamation was clear enough, an amused disappointment crossed Elle's features as her slender frame finally caught up with everyone else in the gate room.

Crossing the large space, slipping around the MALP as it made its way slowly up the ramp; she acknowledged all those present with polite nod. Those long legs she was famous for soon had her standing next to Mike. "Yes I know, Mrs Slow." White teeth showed behind unpainted lips. "I'll have to remind you dearest, its a woman's prerogative." God she wanted to cuddle him, some how time, just a year and a bit, with that roguish growth on his face; had made him even more handsome than before. Restraint was the order of the day; Elle didn't care much what the troops felt, it was Chalmers she didn't want to alienate right now, and at least there were still a few more yet to arrive.

Leaning close to Mike speaking low she said. "I don't think she'll make a speech. Jack on the other hand is a different story." Although she was yet to see him there.

Mike only shook his head, “And so you keep telling me…”
Shifting his eyes from Chalmers over to O’Niell, he mumbled so that only Elle would hear him, “Either way, get us out of here ASAP. I’ve got tons of things to do up there before we depart…” he looked at his watch, “And Julianna has been on her feet for almost 24 hours by now, so I feel rather obliged to hunt her off to her quarters for some sleep, or I’ll be one XO short.”
The Gate room was starting to feel crowded as the team members entered one by on, forming small groups of people and no matter how exciting this all was to wait for the MALP telemetry to come back, he wanted to get going.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1133 on: February 26, 2021, 02:48:24 PM »

Whilst Bonnie had never been a practical joker; in fact she didn't like people with that leaning, right as the MALP was heading up the ramp she thought seriously of connecting with it via her Wi-Fi and just for a moment, stall its progress. She resisted, knowing that if anyone suspected, especially Reynolds, General O'Neill and General Chalmers, she'd be in a whole mess of unnecessary trouble when she got back.

All she could do was grin sheepishly at Bryan, knowing him he most likely knew very well what she was thinking. "Well that can only be a good thing Bry, I am particularly hungry you know. But please tell me you didn't pack turkey sandwiches?" Like a number of SGC personnel, she had a profound dislike for that protein, simply because for a number of years that was about all the catering staff could come up with for a SG team to carry with them.

Bonnie watched the MALP disappear. She knew that was a sign that all of them would soon leave. SG3 was going aboard the Chekov, that was going to be a special experience.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1134 on: February 26, 2021, 03:57:44 PM »

"A what...?" Then she realised what she had said one millisecond after DJ offered a spare, like what a toothbrush? God no. "Yeah well um...thanks DJ, I think I'm okay." She could help but chuckle at the situation, one of her own making. Cate felt like glaring at the ceiling and just whistling to herself. Two problems with that, the said ceiling was some hundreds of feet above them and she couldn't whistle if her life depended on it. Oh except that one loud whistle she was capable of when she needed it.

Not wanting to carry on the joke, she merely raised a fair eyebrow at Flynn. "Most importantly Flynn, you did bring your laptop with you I hope? Oh and the codes for accessing the DHD memory?" Cate 'might' have her own, the laptop she knew she did; but a USB with a zillion tracking codes on it, she wasn't sure. Officially Flynn was the science officer, not Cate.

"Will, you're very quiet." She said to her team medic.

@Thaddeus @sorra @Troy

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1135 on: February 26, 2021, 04:26:33 PM »

Nodding slowly, Elle understood full well the implications Mike was referring to. After the ship's work up trials they had been on constant exercises for the last eleven weeks (not including a four day break over Christmas). Those exercises including training runs for any and every foreseeable misadventure that 'could' happen within the ship. Fire drills were the worst, because the medical section was always at the front with those. When Ruby Forster asked if she could assist with Siler's operation (Kim Sutton was still on leave), neither Mike nor Elle could refuse the redhead, knowing she was one of the most experienced orthopaedic nurses Stargate Command had. News had spread like the proverbial wildfire when the old Chief Master Sergeant broke his leg, such was the way of things with this select group of people; most likely Forster wasn't the only volunteer.

"Yes I know, I should keep my mouth shut more often." She whispered to him. Then looking up at the window to see Jack, she knew that was almost like a signal for things to get rolling. "Any minute now Mike and you can send our dear Medical XO to bed." Her eyes were sort of rolling towards the big window facing them from the control room.

@NG

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #1136 on: February 27, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

Bryan watched the MALP.  It did feel good to be heading out again.  A good mission was always good for the soul.  He grinned at Bonnie as she mentioned turkey.  "Well," he drawled before laughing.   "No it's not turkey," he promised.  He had learned his lesson there and it had only taken once.

Flynn smiled at DJ.  "Thank you for the offer.  I did remember mine. "  She nodded as she held up her messenger bag.  "Have you ever known me not to have my laptop?" She grinned.  It was like a third arm.  She always had her laptop.  "And yep, got all the codes as well."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #1137 on: February 27, 2021, 07:32:43 AM »

In her mind watching the MALP make its way up the ramp, then finally through the puddle, was nothing less than slow motion. A small grunt emitted from her throat when the machine was gone completely; Lucille turned to the assembled group. "I won't hide this from any of you. While we are going on a great deal of guesswork with this mission, don't feel for a single moment that this will be a walk in the park. We still have folks out there-" Her finger pointed upwards, "-who would much rather we weren't around. So be especially careful."

Her head tilted up to O'Neill in the control booth. She nodded to him. "Colonel Reynolds, you'll be in charge of this mission, Commander MacGregor, should something unforeseen happen, you'll take over."

Al looked up with mild surprise, he had forgotten for a moment Cam wasn't on this one, so far. "Thank you General." Although her caveat was a little off putting. "Captain Amir to me. Team ready yourself." He said in that semi official tone he used rarely.

Now was the time. Lucille gave her final words of address. "Captains McFearson and Hohstadt, you'll receive the MALP telementary within minutes once you're abaord. Good luck and godspeed everyone." That was it, now all they had to do was get themselves beamed to their ships.

<<ALL TO SHIPS- SG3 to Chekov, SG4 to Invincible>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1138 on: March 01, 2021, 07:36:17 AM »

So many faces. While Jack could name a few, most he was only familiar with on a passing basis. Yet one thing remained in his mind, even if he never told them; they were all heroes of Earth, putting their life on the line every time they left the SGC for places unknown.

Two very familiar faces, he was well acquainted with among them was Elle and her beau Mike Jaworski. He gave them one of his boyish grins and a small wave. Then he looked down at Noah. "Call up the ships Chief, tell em to get these folk's butts up there asap."

@DanielRyder

Troy

• First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.Troy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #1139 on: March 01, 2021, 11:43:31 AM »

On:

William looked up as the team leader for SG-9 entered the Gate-room. The Colonel looked as if he was ready to step into an active combat zone, rather than preparing to embark on a mission to rescue some downed allies. Of course the teams were heading into potentially hostile areas with little backup, so a little extra firepower could come in handy. He chuckled at the statement

“Hello Colonel. I did beat the Commander and others to the Gateroom. We’ll worry about the consequences later. I mean that’s kind of what happens when you go up against a PJ in preparing for a SAR mission. It’s the whole reason our career field was created in the first place, although we’re usually inserted via helicopter or Osprey not a spaceship. Doesn’t really matter though, the basics are the same regardless of where the mission occurs.”

A few minutes later the rest of the outbound teams arrived prompting the statement from his own team leader about toothbrushes.
“Toothbrush. Yeah it’s in my pack somewhere, I think. If not, we’ll just have to barter with the locals for it.”

Any further conversation was ended by the command for the teams to beam up to their respective ships for the trip to the targeted planets.

Off:

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal