Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Enquiry about the forum  (Read 317 times)

Jim Morrison

Enquiry about the forum
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »

As this forum is called "Lost Worlds Sci-Fi and Fantasy" does that mean its open for all types and genres of Sci-Fi and Fantasy? or is this forum basically just for Stargate, etc? In my opinion Batman/DC Comics comes under the Fantasy banner so I was looking into maybe starting up a Batman roleplay and having Batman as my other character.

katlyn

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • katlyn is looked down upon.
Re: Enquiry about the forum
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »

I know that there are other genres/canons being played.  We've got the Pern forums, Bowsy has his RP, and there's talk of starting up a SW too.  I think the global admins reserve approval though?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim Morrison

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »

Thank you for the advice

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »

I think that's right Kat.  And I know they wanted to try to get the forum where it wasn't just Stargate so I'm sure that will be welcome!

Jim Morrison

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:41:27 AM »

Thank you Sorra, I will begin thinking up a DC Universe roleplay.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »

As a rule of thumb, you need about 5 players that would be more or less constant players of your RP. If it gets big enough, I'll or someone else will make a separate folder :) I, for instance, vie for Wing Commander or Elder Scrolls RP, but nobody wants :lol:
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »

It is within our realms yes Jim. Anything that falls into the genre of Science fiction or Fantasy, which in essence would include many of our favourite comic characters. That being said, as Vadim pointed out, we have made it policy that at least five players are needed to make it viable for you. That isn't to say, you can't do it with less of course, we have our Side Salads. My best advice is to get out there and do some recruiting on Face book or wherever you can find people.

Jim Morrison

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »

Thank you kindly for the advice, I love to roleplay and want to get going as soon as possible