Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]

Author Topic: Shore Leave  (Read 23797 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Shore Leave
« Reply #750 on: October 04, 2018, 12:57:01 AM »

:yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #751 on: October 04, 2018, 02:04:28 AM »

I'm here, I posted today.

I'll have to get back into this.

It's official ... I'm more dazed than usual :fp

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #752 on: October 11, 2018, 04:01:24 PM »

Still in Rome...
The course is kind of tough, high tempo, lots of slides and videos, but really great!!
Down side - hotel with paper thin walls, not much to choose from for breakfast and a VERY hard bed. A 3 star hotel i Italy is NOT the same as in Sweden :P

Fun part - no one thinks I'm Swedish when talking to my 'class mates' and the next question is "Ok! So how long/where in the States did you live?"
My reply - never set foo there, Their faces is like  *o :lol :lol

So yeah, even though I know I mess up the grammar now and then, I now KNOW for a fact that Carrie would be able to speak without sounding like Ingrid Bergman or any other sterotype, but having a very hard to place dialect. No doubt about English is not being her first language, but you wouldn't be able to tell where she's from... unless you're a linguist ;)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #753 on: October 11, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »

Sounds to me like there is more fun to learning than in my day :)

I have had similiar experiences in Asia and the States. In Japan they asked what part of the US I was from? In the US they often asked where in the UK I came from? Only rarely did anyone overseas think I was from Australia.  :fp Perhaps I should make more use of Aussie slang?

Khnum

• Major
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #754 on: October 12, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »

Still in Rome...
The course is kind of tough, high tempo, lots of slides and videos, but really great!!
Down side - hotel with paper thin walls, not much to choose from for breakfast and a VERY hard bed. A 3 star hotel i Italy is NOT the same as in Sweden :P

Fun part - no one thinks I'm Swedish when talking to my 'class mates' and the next question is "Ok! So how long/where in the States did you live?"
My reply - never set foo there, Their faces is like  *o :lol :lol

So yeah, even though I know I mess up the grammar now and then, I now KNOW for a fact that Carrie would be able to speak without sounding like Ingrid Bergman or any other sterotype, but having a very hard to place dialect. No doubt about English is not being her first language, but you wouldn't be able to tell where she's from... unless you're a linguist ;)

Italy in hotels with 3 stars down depends on the location and budget ... there are beautiful places even two star with excellent solutions and very wide buffett, but if you go to Rome ... let's say they immediately feel the smell of money and try to be smart, after all not all of Italy is civilized and educated as well as honest. We have problems in Turin, weighed in Rome the capital thing does not happen.

Are you studying Italian ?

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #755 on: October 12, 2018, 10:23:28 AM »

Italy in hotels with 3 stars down depends on the location and budget ... there are beautiful places even two star with excellent solutions and very wide buffett, but if you go to Rome ... let's say they immediately feel the smell of money and try to be smart, after all not all of Italy is civilized and educated as well as honest. We have problems in Turin, weighed in Rome the capital thing does not happen.

Yeah, I guess so. I didn't check up this hotel before I let the firm connected to my hospital reserve a room. My bad... :/

Are you studying Italian ?
Heck no!  :lol
I'm here to attend a course in pediatric Echocardiography along with other nerds from all over the world, including Taiwan and Australia!  :yes:

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #756 on: October 12, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »

So as you would say here .... "Life Life  (Vita...vita)!"
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]