Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room  (Read 17978 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:10 PM »

*Radio*

"Atlantis, this is Sheppard, do not lower the shield. Look, we got ourselves a couple dozen Wraith thinking they might find a snack here. As far as our guests, they don't know we're there and they won't know if we don't advertise it. That means either cloak the city or cut back power emissions, and telling the Dreadnought and Hermes to get out of sight. Which also means that you're gonna have to tell Colonel Radovic to not kneejerk and launch everything she's got to meet it."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 297
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »

"Thank you for the advice Colonel, I will let Mr Woolsey know immediately. Two dozen? Do you need back up?" She had to ask that while he was still on the radio. Before John could reply she relayed the entire message to Richard; there was lot to be done in a short while.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 97
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

With his chin held by his thumb and forefinger Richard followed everything his gate tech told him, acknowledging in his mind that as usual Sheppard was right on all points. "We'll catch up with the Colonel and his team soon enough, I'm confident they'll be on top of this Amelia. In the meantime make an announcement that for security reasons we're going to minimise power, all non essential systems switched off including personal usage items. Turn off the lighting in any area not used and switch to dim for the rest of the city. Lastly run a simulation of the city's cloaking and test how long it takes to reach full capacity. I'll be in the cafeteria from this point on in case I need to address more than a handful of people, Commander O'Neil can find me there." He left her with that walking smartly down the stairs, almost running as he knew they now had a clock ticking in their collective ears.

<<To Cafeteria>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

*radio*

"Negative, we've got this. Now shut the gate down, they're going not going to ignore it for long."

"Understood Colonel and good luck!" Amelia did as she was told then went onto her next task. She punched the city wide broadcast PA mic. "Attention. The city is going dark, all non essential equipment is to be turned off, lighting will be at a minimum. We have a potential security risk and we will keep you informed." As she spoke, her hand went to the entire city power system controls, shutting down services where she could, one of those was the aircon, and since it was summer there were going to be complaints. Some areas because of their need had independent systems, they were to be left on. The lighting went down to a very dim setting, just allowing reasonable vision.

Next were the two ships. She sent the following message. "From Colonel Sheppard to Dreadnought and Hermes command. Be advised at the present time you are advised to keep out of sight. The best possible course of action is to land your ships on the mainland for the time being and present the lowest possible energy signature. The city has done the same. Over."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2018, 12:24:08 AM »

<<From Hermes>>

Not long after Richard left the two women in question appeared a few feet away from Amelia. For her own part Amelia wasn't easily surprised especially the coming and goings with beaming lately.

"I'm sorry Commander O'Neil, you missed him by a minute. He's gone to the cafeteria." She gave Marill a polite smile of acknowledgement.

"That works well for us, we're both starving. This way Marill." As simple as that, Jordan led the other down the same stares Richard had taken to make for the base mess.

<<To Cafe>>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »

"Atlantis, this is Sheppard. We're done here, we're ready to come home right now. And I'd rather we were there than sitting on our hands here."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2019, 05:11:58 PM »

"Copy that Colonel. I hope everything went well in the end. No injuries? The Iris is down over, you may proceed."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »

*Radio*

"Atlantis, this is Dreadnought. We are making a landing some 150 klicks south by east of the Athosian settlement. Acknowledge over."

"Wow! That was quick." Amelia said to herself excitedly. "Dreadnought acknowledged, I'll inform Mr Woolsey asap. And thank you." Now they only had to wait on the Hermes.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #353 on: January 10, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »

"We're good, just finished up here. I'll brief Woolsey once we're able to. Coming home now."

As quick as the message was sent, so too did the team return through the Stargate.

"Actually, Teyla, take Hanley and her team, too. Just in case." Sheppard said, starting up the steps.

"Aye aye, sir." Michelle replied, going to her radio, "Mako, this is Mako Actual, where you guys at?"[/i]

"Ice here, Actual. We called off the drill, problems in Sickbay with the POW. We're in the Squad Bay, awaiting orders."[/color] Ice replied.

"Gear up, we're pulling security for the civvies. Bring me whatever you settle on for a primary unless it's an MP7. And make it quick, we got trouble of all sorts coming our way."[/i] Michelle said, before turning back to Teyla, "My guys can be geared up in about five minutes or so, if that works for you?"[/i]

Rodney took up to the steps after Sheppard, following him into the control room to find a station. Sheppard looked around, and upon not seeing Woolsey, approached Amelia.

"What's going on so far? Any idea if they know we're here yet or not?" Sheppard asked.

McKay pulled his tablet out from his pack and began checking status monitors. He made a self-satisfied grunt.

"Well, at least my easy to use power management programs are working properly to power down systems without too much fuss. Like I said, so easy, anyone who can operate a lightswitch will be able to use it." Rodney said with no small degree of smugness in his tone.

"Now why don't you use those so easy to use programs to find out if we can still cloak the city without using up the ZPM." Sheppard said.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #354 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »

McKay

McKay looked briefly at Shepperd

"Um, yes, I think we can do that"

He pressed a few buttons as he talked under his breath

"Yes, aha, yes, that's.....about..........it.....yes, ......done"

He hit the last button with a flourish

"All done, just say the word and we are cloaked using only minimal power...hopefully we won't need the shields or we will be totally screwed"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »

Amelia left her desk to lean over the balcony a moment before Colonel Sheppard and the team began their way up, "Welcome back sir, I'm glad to see you all in one piece, that sounded quite hair raising back there." She returned to the desk but remained standing to give him the update.

"What we believe to be the Vanir are on the very fringe of the galaxy, or at least as far as the Ancient scanners will allow us to pick up. Here Colonel...." She brought the big display behind them back up. "...you can see their fleet, or part of it in the north aspect. Those on the eastern aspect are El'Dari and those to the west we've identified as Travelers. The Vanir appear to be heading to an area in between where they are now and the El'Dari homeworld."

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

By this time Teyla had caught up, catching the gist of the conversation as Rodney went to work. She thought John's idea to have Mako assist was a good one, although right now she was more concerned with their new arrivals than her own people. "That will help things go much faster John, yet at this point in time I'm thinking more of Marill and her people. The Athosians will cope well as always, the Tamorans I'm not too sure about as we're dealing essentially with a race of farmers even if they do appear to be as tough as nails as you might say." She paused a moment, "It was as always Amelia, excitement tinged with near death." A half grin crossed her face.

Amelia nodded to Rodney and the rest of the team, letting McKay carry on with his work until it was done. "Thank you Doctor McKay." She told him, then went back to her update.

"As of now both the Dreadnought and Hermes are taking cover on land, both of them finding deep valleys to hide their presence so that they can use less power resources to mask where they are. The Hermes will be off loading the Tamoran people as quickly as practical, though as Teyla stated they will need more help finding cover. Commander O'Neill has her team down there assisting and she herself is now with Marill and Mr Woolsey in the cafe. The Rabaul left for a recon, the Okinawa remains on orbital patrol as we speak." That was about it in a nutshell.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »

While waiting for Sheppard's reply, Amelia busied herself getting Rodney's data fed into the system. Once she was satisfied all was in the green she let him know they were as good as ready. "We can do it now Doctor McKay. All unneeded systems are now in hibernation."

@Teddy

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2019, 03:22:53 PM »

McKay

Mckay  glanced one last time at his tablet.

" Yes,Okay, lets go, but keep an eye on the power, I don't want someone turning on a toaster, and we all  know people sneak things back when they come back from Earth"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »

Amelia giggled only slightly. She herself had a hair dryer brought back on the last supply run. "I'll make an announcement first Doctor McKay."

"Attention all staff." She began as she pressed down on the city wide PA system. "We are going into a very low power usage phase to enable us to use Atlantis' cloaking. Anything drawing more than 15 amps of power please disconnect it now thank you." She had an eye on the base wide amperage usage, currently a steady wave around 30 amps overall. After waiting a moment that dropped down to 22, one single person was holding out, so she tracked it. Then she went to the CCTV system cameras and found and airman using an electric drill down in engineering. Obviously he didn't hear the announcement so she used the radio for him. "Sergeant Wang, could you switch to a cordless drill please, we're initiating the city's cloak and we need all the spare power we can get. Thank you." She watched as she saw him turn towards the camera, giving her the thumbs up. The amp meter dropped to 12. "Thanks."

"Do you want to Rodney? Or me?" She grinned at him with her hand hovering over the cloaking control crystal.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »

"Alright. Let's keep things as quiet as we can. Get a Jumper ready for Teyla and whoever is going with her. Tell O'Neill to let her team know of the situation, because it could get hairy out there." Sheppard said.

The SEALs of Mako were quite timely, arriving geared and ready to go, since they had already loaded up for combat when they were expecting to run combat drills earlier this morning. However, they were still in their NWU II desert fatigues, since they obviously didn't have time to change to anything else. Ice handed Michelle a Mk. 17 and then a pack with ammo pouches so she could swap to that instead of her MP7. That and her sniper rifle were handed over to be returned to their armory.

"Alright, we might have visitors, but we're pulling security for the new arrivals and whoever else Teyla says we're helping." Michelle said to her team, before looking to Teyla, "So this here's the rest of my SEALs. The quiet one is Ice, he's a demo expert. The loud one rocking the operator beard and MG is Voodoo. Midas is squad corpsman and resident grouchy pants. Deuce is our tech guy, and Wolf is the team FNG because I had to rotate Trigger off the team already..."

All of the SEALs nodded or waved when introduced.

"On your lead, ma'am." Michelle concluded.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29