Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room  (Read 13201 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:10 PM »

*Radio*

"Atlantis, this is Sheppard, do not lower the shield. Look, we got ourselves a couple dozen Wraith thinking they might find a snack here. As far as our guests, they don't know we're there and they won't know if we don't advertise it. That means either cloak the city or cut back power emissions, and telling the Dreadnought and Hermes to get out of sight. Which also means that you're gonna have to tell Colonel Radovic to not kneejerk and launch everything she's got to meet it."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »

"Thank you for the advice Colonel, I will let Mr Woolsey know immediately. Two dozen? Do you need back up?" She had to ask that while he was still on the radio. Before John could reply she relayed the entire message to Richard; there was lot to be done in a short while.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

With his chin held by his thumb and forefinger Richard followed everything his gate tech told him, acknowledging in his mind that as usual Sheppard was right on all points. "We'll catch up with the Colonel and his team soon enough, I'm confident they'll be on top of this Amelia. In the meantime make an announcement that for security reasons we're going to minimise power, all non essential systems switched off including personal usage items. Turn off the lighting in any area not used and switch to dim for the rest of the city. Lastly run a simulation of the city's cloaking and test how long it takes to reach full capacity. I'll be in the cafeteria from this point on in case I need to address more than a handful of people, Commander O'Neil can find me there." He left her with that walking smartly down the stairs, almost running as he knew they now had a clock ticking in their collective ears.

<<To Cafeteria>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

*radio*

"Negative, we've got this. Now shut the gate down, they're going not going to ignore it for long."

"Understood Colonel and good luck!" Amelia did as she was told then went onto her next task. She punched the city wide broadcast PA mic. "Attention. The city is going dark, all non essential equipment is to be turned off, lighting will be at a minimum. We have a potential security risk and we will keep you informed." As she spoke, her hand went to the entire city power system controls, shutting down services where she could, one of those was the aircon, and since it was summer there were going to be complaints. Some areas because of their need had independent systems, they were to be left on. The lighting went down to a very dim setting, just allowing reasonable vision.

Next were the two ships. She sent the following message. "From Colonel Sheppard to Dreadnought and Hermes command. Be advised at the present time you are advised to keep out of sight. The best possible course of action is to land your ships on the mainland for the time being and present the lowest possible energy signature. The city has done the same. Over."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]