Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 15214 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Infirmary
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »

| Currently run by the Chief of Medicine, Doctor Jennifer Keller |

Sub-Sections:
- Dr. Keller's Office
- Scanner
- Curtained Ward A
- Curtained Ward B
- Isolation A
- Isolation B
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:54:13 PM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »

{Doctor Jennifer Keller} NPC

"Get them on those beds quickly." Jen all but shouted to her team as they brought Julia and Mel into the infirmary. Strong arms lifted and slid both girls onto beds next to one another and no sooner had they finished that task Jen was standing in between both of them.

"Mind explaining how my back up doctor got into this mess Mel? Not to mention you Julia, I thought you girls were smarter than this?"
She turned to one of her senior nurses. "Kelly, start an IV of fluids for both of them and have the kitchen send down some hot soup!"

Mel was in 'that' state, half awake half asleep as a little of the effect of hypothermia took hold of her. "We...we were t...trapped Jen...there was no other way.." She was now some six feet away from her 'sister' too far to reach out to her, only with her eyes.

"Trapped? Trapped where?" Jen asked, her tone a little softer now.

"Beneath Radek's labs, t..thr....three levels below."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:09 AM »

The last thing she wanted was an inquisition situation, certainly off the two of them she had displayed poorer judgement, given she was the weaker swimmer and was still suffering for it.

She tried to respond to Jen, watching Nurse Kelly move away to complete her orders, instead it turned into a coughing fit after the first few syllables of her protest grasped against her raw throat, ending finally with a groan.

Giulia kept her eyes closed for a few moments, listening to her "sister" explaining about their decision to take to the water.

"There was.... little choice... stay and wait....and for how long? ....sensors in that section are disabled, the w..w..whole.... section is powerless.

Raspy she chipped in her two cents, taking her time but not opening her tired eyes.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »

As Cameron entered and was given more warmer blankets, he walked over to where the girls were. He overheard and responded gently, "Take it easy, doctors. We'll find them.

He tapped his radio and spoke, "Woolsely, this is Mitchel. We have trapped men beneath Radak's lab several levels below. I request some teams to find them. Quickly."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:37:26 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33:53 AM »

Jen walked back and forwards for a moment, people in this place were like family, more so those who had been here for quite some time, one tends to form attachments and Jen had a rather fond attachment in a familial way to Ronon. Right now she had her own work to do and that was three new patients. Cam wasn't going anywhere for now, she could see he was almost blue. "Get your wet clothes of Colonel, find ward robe and get into one of those beds please. I don't want a case of pneumonia on my hands....Richard will take care of it."

As she spoke, Kelly and one other nurse started with the IV's on both Julia and Melinda, a message came that hot soups would be down shortly. Mel 'ouched' when the IV line went in, even though she had done it enough times to others, it was always a Nurse's joy to give it back. The young woman who was attending to her gave a wicked grin.

"Three floors below did you say?" Jen asked both of them.

Feeling a little more relaxed and at last getting some warmth, Mel was able to answer without her teeth chattering now. "Yes, and its below the water line. That's how we got out."

A look of shock crossed Jen's normally placid face. "Don't tell me, I already know the answer, you both swam out of there didn't you?"

Mel twisted her head around, a half sloppy grin on her face, which was now directly aimed at her 'sister' "We did." She said bluntly and felt damned good about it. She pulled out her free hand, giving Julia a thumbs up. "We did good." She whispered.

All Jen could do was shake her head, but she knew as well Julia wanted to be on top of this to find out why the section was off the grid. "As soon as you're free from her Julia, which I expect will be a few hours observation, you can find out your answers. I expect Chuck might be able to open that door through his control station don't you?"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:10 AM »

*radio*

"Colonel Mitchell, I'll have Chuck do a full analysis first, he may be able to open that door before we send a team down there. I don't want to take the chance of any more mishaps. If he fails, I will indeed get a team down there, I'm giving him fifteen minutes."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:06:30 PM »

Giulia almost wished for the numbing cold back as her IV was set up, however after the warmth of the blanket and bedding changed her mind.

In the same moment Mel gave her the sloppy grin at Jen's very accurate guess, her head turned as well, returning that guilty smile. Hind sight and sea water told her it was a bed move for her personally to make, but it also was worth it for the bond she had with Mel, with whom she nodded her head in agreement.

"Perhaps, from what I could... see in the darkness the circuitry is completely toast on the inside of the section, outside I .... haven't looked. Could I get a glass of ...water, preferably without salt."

Coughing through her request, Giulia did indeed want to know why that section was a dead zone, curiosity and a need to get her still cold fingers moving drive it. All whole section that was a black spot was a serious danger.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 02:10:37 AM »

"Here you go Julia." Kelly was quick with the water, even if it was a pale green colour and she knew the 'patient' wasn't that out of it not to notice. "Hydralite, you need it, both of you do after that little adventure." She handed Melinda a glass as well then went back to checking their vital signs, which all things considering were quite good.

"Hmmm, by the looks of that monitor, you both will be out of my hair in an hour or so." Jen interrupted for a moment, she knew right then and there these two wayward girls were at least resilient. That was a good sign.

Taking the glass thankfully, Mel stupidly took a large gulp of the liquid and all but spat it out, making a cross eyed face and 'bleh' with her tongue out. Then promptly swallowed it in the knowledge she needed it. No one ever said good things always had to taste good. "You'll love this Julia." She said sarcastically.

"English please Mel." Jen reprimanded her, as Mel did not even realise she had spoken in Italian again. It was becoming a habit.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 01:02:39 AM »

"Got it," Cam muttered into the radio before shutting it off.

He wandered off toward the bed and plopped down on it rather blatantly letting off a sigh shivering a bit. He spoke again, "Hey Doc, Im getting out, right? I need to lead the teams in fifteen minutes..."

He just sat there hopeful.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 03:51:27 AM »

Maybe it was the cold still lingering around, but Giulia was fairly sure that water wasn't that colour, last she checked it was colourless. When Kelly explained, Giulia moved her headl in acknowledgment, sniffed at it then watched Mel glug some of it down.

She might have put it aside at that point but she was parched and her throat craved the relieve of a fluid that didn't contain salt and she wasn't willing to wait for the soup to satisfy both needs.

Sniggering at Mel's comment, Giulia then stared the liquid down, closed her eyes and forced herself to take a good mouthful. It tasted awful, but her mouth was gratefully for it, her stomach too. She made herself drink the rest and pulled the blessedly warm blankets around her.

"Still tastes better than salt water. So any chance of a tablet, I need to get my fingers moving."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 03:20:18 AM »

"Colonel, didn't you hear what I said? Or wasn't I clear enough." Men, Jen thought, sometimes they were worse than children. She left him with that, or maybe he had water in his ears, so she repeated herself. "Get your wet clothes off please Cam and find a ward robe and get into one of those beds. We don't want to see you with pneumonia."

Kelly glanced over her shoulder at Jen and Cam, they reminded her of some people she knew back at the SGC. Well one of them was Cam, the other was Caroline Lam, it was pretty much the same there to. She ignored the conversation, turning her attention to her patients. "Come on girls, both of you are brilliant minds, you know the old saying, the malady is worse than the medicine." She patted Julia on the arm. "I'll duck out to your lab if you like Julia and get your own for you. Mel?"

'Brilliant minds?' Neither of them would be here if that were so. She had to withhold a laugh at that thought. "Yes please, our labs are next to each other Kelly...will the soup be long? We're starving." She knew Julia would be, so included her in her statement.

"No, shouldn't be long."

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:18:38 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 04:54:48 AM »

Drinking down the last of the liquid, her face contorted somewhat, Kelly was right it was better to drink it than suffer the cause.

"I would be most grateful."

Her throat felt much improved, less raw from wrenching up salt water. Soup was very eagerly awaited to fill her stomach, the tablet so she could fill her mind over the cup rising of the damage to the city.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 12:17:39 AM »

With the question of their laptops (tablets) out the way and both girls assured that the soup would arrive shortly, Kelly was in the midst of leaving when Mel called her back. "Kelly is it against rules to have our beds closer?" She asked politely.

The tall nurse looked at both of them, she could plainly see there was something of a new bond between the girls, something that took place in their flight from the murky depths that had turned their lives upside down and she wasn't one to come between that. With a look at Jen first, knowing she had heard and getting a quick nod from her, Kelly gave them both a 'yes' look. "I'll have to move the chest of drawers first Melinda." Which she did smartly and she could well have asked Mel at least to hop out of bed while she moved it, but seeing two beefy orderlies nearby she called them over to move the heavy bed for her. "You're set now, but please girls I know you're going to talk and I encourage it, keep it down though okay?" With that she set off for their things with a promise she'd be back quickly.

"She's nice isn't she?" Mel said once Kelly was out of hearing range, although Jennifer could probably hear her. "Once things settle down we need to do some work...I mean after we get out of here. I'm going to take the cappy's back where they came from Julia, they're just too much trouble for us here. And you, we need to figure out how we can get back to that ship safely to."

Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »

If Mel hadn't asked, Giulia was going to do it. For a brief moment she had a feeling of apprehension that it was going to be a no, but it passed once the preferred answer was given. While the orderlies obliged the request, she tested her limbs for movement, glad to have the cold eased out of them.

Once Mel was beside her she shuffled a little more as much as she without actually leaving the bed. Listening she nodded her head.

" I agree as endearing as they are they need to be not in the City, however we need a better containment for them in the meantime. As to the ship, that in itself will be tricky, I'll go over what I managed to grab, but it wasn't much. I'm just concerned about how much of the City doesn't have working sensors, let alone doors. "

It was not an experienced she planned to do again in a hurry, but if needed Giulia would go knowing the door was going to shut if Mel was at her side.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:08:43 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 02:37:42 AM »

Melinda couldn't believe what she was hearing, it was uncanny how much their minds were thinking along the exact same lines. "A part of the reason they like to roam so much and this much I've learned in studying them, they are not territorial animals. They mate for life and are very much like gypsies, going from place to place seeking both shelter and the best food source." That much she did know. "We should make that our first priority..after of course we find out what was wrong down below and yes, after Ronon and that woman have been freed." Then there was that ship. "I do hope Mister Woolsey will see the value in going back there Julia."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

lethal-pageant