Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 35965 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2016, 09:30:20 AM »

((OOC: Catching up here - lots of posts seems to have been lost in the big melt down the other week, but this is an attempt to get the story back on track again. ))

RogueRanger on 30 August 2016, 17:13:35

< Keller's Office >

There was still a slight reluctance in Tama, Jen could clearly see that and she knew only too well how the girl felt. Too often culture came in between good medicine and best practice; although at least she was willing. "Okay Tama, how about we start thinking about that next big step? Getting you ready for the OR. I won't kid you, it can be scary but I will be with you all the way."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2016, 09:30:59 AM »

Northern girl on 31 August 2016, 05:06:21

< Just outside the closed Infirmary door >

Hurrying, without actually running, still at a pace that was more in Elle’s tempo rather than his, Mike took the short cut via the hangar bay of the Dread and headed towards the nearest transporter.
If he’d felt a bit like a strange bird in his bright Hawaiian shirt before, although completely at ease with it, he felt just as out of place in his flight suite compared to the rest of the people roaming the halls of Atlantis.
5 minutes later, he stopped in front of Anne just outside the infirmary door, “Alright Dr MacGregor, what do you need me here for?” Mike said in a neutral, yet serious tone, his eyes though revealed that he wasn’t all that serious.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

MeredithMcKay on 31 August 2016, 05:35:55

Tama Akimoto

<<Jennifer's office>>

Tama watched from her perch the exchange between Anne and this Michael she was to meet. His response though nearly made her chuckle,but it was brief because she moved her hand to cover her mouth and caught sight of the implant.

Settling her hand back down on to her lap, the brought it up to her pendant, starting to feel more and more nervous about going through this. It was sin to disobey the wishes of the Elders, but was it not a sin against her not to be given a choice? She nearly didn't hear Jennifer speak to her,but her sapphire eyes shifted once her mind finally filter and acknowledge what had been said. She didn't response immediately, just sat there rubbing her thumb over her pendant.

"Nurse Kelly too?"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »

MelsMum on 31 August 2016, 14:53:46

< Just outside the closed Infirmary door >

Fast? Anne knew immediately the poor man had been running, or close to it. She almost felt like throwing a quip at him about his attire as well, she didn't simply because she wouldn't recognize him otherwise and besides Anne adored Mike's lack of discipline as far as regulations were concerned. She ignored the official title for now with a wide smile. "Nothing majorly complex Mike, we have a young alien lass inside whose creators felt it necessary to give her a nice pair of bracelets. The problem is those bracelets are connected to the nerve endings. Jennifer though as experienced as anyone doesn't feel overly confident and for me, I won't trust my hands to do the fine work required. But you, well Mike I've seen your work and I couldn't think of anyone better suited." Nothing like a little ego boosting Anne always said.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »

Northern girl on 01 September 2016, 04:48:59

< Just outside of the closed Infirmary doors >

“Oookaay,” was the pensive reply from Mike. He didn’t quite believe Anne’s excuse for not doing this by herself, then again - all respect for the surgeon who actually put down the knife *before anyone was put in harms way due to old age.
But his interest was peaked and he relaxed his stance, leaning his shoulder towards the wall as he spoke. “I think I’d like to know a little bit more though. Her age. Her mental and physical condition. What these ‘bracelets’ look like and how many we’re talking about. It would also be interesting to know what kind of equipment do you have around here compared to what I’m used to.”
Mike chuckled as he continued, “Lots of questions I’m aware of that, I just want to know what I’m getting myself in to before diving head on in the deep side.”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »

MelsMum on 02 September 2016, 09:32:28

Anne arched her eyebrow more out of humor than anything else. Of the several hundred under Anne's command, Mike along with one or two others always brought that out in her. "According to the interview she had with Jennifer, which I've only perused through roughly Mike; she is just four years old yet her physical appearance is a young woman in her late teens or early twenties. As to her mental state, I've talked to her for an hour or so on and off- she's as sharp as a pin."

While talking, Anne's mind was going through everything she had learned since she met the young woman, she realised that at first she had given Mike the wrong impression. "Ah, the bracelets are removable as they are merely covering implants on her wrists so you'd have to see them really to get the right perspective there. I don't think my description would be adequate enough for you. As for facilities and equipment Mike, you won't find it lacking. We could do anything here that was possible at home and then some; although if you're unsure we could always do it aboard the Dread I suppose." That was in fact Anne's initial assessment in any case.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2016, 09:36:24 AM »

Northern girl on 03 September 2016, 06:12:46

‘A four-year-old!?’ Mike’s initial reaction was one of anger and utter frustration. Who could do that to a kid? ‘I’ve seen a lot of craziness over the years, but this must be of the most twisted things I’ve ever encountered!’
Although as Anne continued, he managed to restrain his feelings and listened on, making an effort to take it all in.

“Oh, nononono.” Mike finally said and held out his hands in a defensive gesture all while he shook his head. Still, there was a small grin, “No. No more aliens on board the Dread. Look where that got me the last time….” He made an indication with his hand towards his face, “…although I actually have my doubts she could do anything like that, I have my reservations about moving her, so – “
Mike tucked his hands in to the pockets of his flight suite, “As long as you have a microscope worth its name we’ll do it here. I just have one more concern, do you have scans of those implants that I can have a look at before I meet her, just to see if it’s even feasible for me to have a go? It wouldn’t be fair to get her hopes up if it turns out I back out of it because I think it’s to difficult or even to dangerous for her to do the procedure.”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »

MelsMum on 06 September 2016, 14:10:05

<X-Ray>

Pushing back the ever slipping glassed back up the bridge of her nose, Anne had in her mind what Mike would have asked for before she even approached him and why wouldn't she. They came from the same mindset, they had worked together on the Daedalus or was it the Saggitta? She couldn't recall off hand. Still it made no difference she knew him well enough. There was one thing she had to tell him though, something she knew he'd get a kick out of or find rather amusing at least. "I should point out Mike she has an aversion to males in general, although we've assured her you're one of the good guys." No change in expression, total blank face to add to the fun of the moment. "Come on, while Jennifer is prepping her I'll take you to X-Ray as we have everything on her in there in readiness for the surgery." Whether he did it or not, Anne wasn't about to let the girl be let down at this point.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2016, 09:38:03 AM »

Northern girl on 07 September 2016, 05:33:58

< X-ray >

Mike felt his brow furrow as he followed Anne through the doors and towards one of the scanner displays in the X-ray part of the infirmary, “Uhu. Well, that might complicate things. You really sure you want me in on this if she’s reluctant towards me even before I’ve had a chance to prove myself… or even introduce myself?”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »

RogueRanger on 07 September 2016, 15:27:42

<Pre Op>

With a quick glance Jennifer looked up at the status board, Tama was in luck as Kelly would be theatre nurse on this evenings roster. She was gathering confidence by the minute, that was surely needed right now, needed by both of them as she had to do her best for Tama to know she was in safe hands. "Most definitely she will be Tama. Kelly in fact with be the duty nurse tonight so you will be surrounded by friends. So, how about we get you down to your underwear, then you can slip this on." Jen picked up a clean theatre gown, holding it loosely in one hand.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »

MelsMum on September 11, 2016, 11:07:04 PM

<X-Ray>

"You know how it is Mike, complications are what we Medicos under the Stargate programme thrive on come high or low water, we always have that capacity for finding the most obscure solutions to the most ridiculous problems." While Anne wasn't one to take too greater store in being philosophical, there were of course so many occasions she could point to where the Doctors of both Atlantis and Stargate Command, which included the ships medics as well, had found some of the most unique solutions to the crisis that confronted them. Even personal ones. "She'll be deep under, the lass won't have a clue who is hovering around her. Plus- ." Anne had a point to make. "- if anyone can convince her you're no threat Mike, that would be Jennifer I'm sure you would agree."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »

MeredithMcKay on 13 September 2016, 16:53:48

Tama Akimoto

<<Pre-Op>>

She relaxed slightly, but only slightly, to know that Kelly would be there. Not that had really met many other of the nurses, but Kelly was probably going to be her favourite always.

Taking the gown from Jennifer, she unfolded it, looking at it with a critical eye and tried not to purse her lips at it. It may have not been as modest as she preferred, but it seemed a lot more comfortable than the borrowed clothing she had been wearing so far she far preferred her robes.

With a little difficulty, Tama undressed down to the just the strips of cloth that constituted underwear for her, her pale skin showing the tale of her short years of training in small scars in scattering spots.

She was trying to work out which way to put on the gown, when her second memory(or split self) showed her the correct manner.

Once dressed, she sat there, feeling very exposed. Her wrists, implants facing her, pressed tightly against her chest, her fingers holding on to the blue stone pendant that she couldn't remove even if she wanted too.

If she hadn't felt uncomfortable before, she definely did now.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

Northern girl on 14 September 2016, 05:43:50

< X-ray >

Mike looked at the screens, nodding and studying them as he spoke, “Well, with all the trouble our people seem to get in, we have to be a bit innovative, from time to time.” Then he fell silent for a couple of more minutes, looking intently at the images in front of them before he looked back at Anne.
“From the short bump in I had with Jennifer earlier today,” he said with a warm smile, “I’d say she’s just the right one to convince a reluctant or frightened for that matter, teenager. However – have a look at this...”
Mike turned back to the screen, zoomed in on a small area next to one of the implants, making it fill the entire screen. “This is not going to be as easy as I’ve hoped. This is something completely different than how we tackled the problems we had with incorporating the implants on Bonnie. These implants are merged with her nerve endings in a way I’ve…” he pulled in a deep breath, held it for a second before slowly letting it out, “...unlike anything I’ve ever seen. The metal and the nerve endings are literally fused together. God knows what kind of damage I might cause if I start poking around in there.” He shook his head and turned towards Anne, disappointment evident in his eyes, “I’m sorry, but I don’t think there’s anything I can do at this point.”

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »

MelsMum on September 14, 2016, 07:43:04 PM

< X-ray >

"Hmmm, I can see your point there Mike. It is a little disappointing from everyone's point of view especially now since we've managed to psych the girl up for it." Anne stood there for a long moment examining the screen. Then an idea occurred to her when Mike mentioned young Heckman. "You're smarter than you think Doctor. We can replicate Bonnie's kill switch as an off/on switch, then intersect the neural pathways of each implant just below the nape of the neck. That will give us the same result in reality won't it?" At least in her mind that could be the best way to go. Tama won't be able to access the technology unless the switch is turned on remotely.

((OOC: and that's what we've got so far. Que Mike in X-ray and Keller in Pre-op. ))

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2016, 05:00:15 PM »

< X-ray >

Looking between the screens and Anne, Mike realized he wasn’t quite following what the other doctor was aiming for. “And by severing the nerves as they exit the spinal cord will gain us… what? I thought the whole idea for this was to remove the actual implants? A kill switch won’t do us any good. Or will it?”
His facial expression was nothing more than one of confusion. What did he miss?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal