Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 37061 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:52 AM »

Those old brows narrowed down into a perfect W shape. "Not sever lad. Its basic electronics, all we do is clip a by-pass on. Here let me show you." Anne grab a piece of paper, rapidly scribbling her concept, adding a big blue dot to represent the wi-fi transmitter. "There you go." It was rough, simple, but to the point.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »

<Pre-Op>

Jen had began laying out the pre-op anesthetics, a light sedative to relax Tama. It was straight forward, her weight and body mass was taken into consideration, as to her age; despite the fact she looked around 20 or so, she was still virtually a child in metaphysical terms. She had her back turned to the youngster but still could see her in the reflection of the glass faced cabinet in front of her. As the two syringes were laid out neatly, Jen saw Kelly arrive off to her left.

"Hey sweety." Kelly said in her easy going manner. "How are you feeling, nervous?" Of course the girl was, but it was a standard question, though in this case very sincere.

Turning around Jen felt relieved now that her theatre nurse had arrived. "Good timing Kelly, could you grab her charts for me while I finish this, also we'll need her blood sugar levels." In reality Tama should have been fasting for at least 12 hours, though Jen knew for a fact that the girl had only snacked lightly and she knew to that because of her make up, she had an extremely fast metabolism.

"Of course Jen." Kelly reached over the end of the bed grabbing the charts as she did so, leaving them on the prep table in easy reach for Jennifer. Once that was taken care of, Kelly grabbed the glucose kit, sitting beside Tama to try and ease the girl's nerves. "This will just be a scratch Tama, you okay with that?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:25 PM »

< X-ray >

Mike gave the drawing a look, then raised his head and looked back at the screens, right arm crossing his chest, his left hand scratching his chin, “Well, maybe if we…” he mumbled, half to himself, enlarged the scan of Tama’s neck region, and pointed towards where one nerve bundle made a turn towards the arm. “If we put the switch here and activate it, I guess we’ll have an indication about what will happen when we remove the actual implant…”
He pulled in a deep breath, since the conclusions of that wasn’t very appealing to him, “It will require her to be awake throughout the entire procedure though, so that much for me being able to go in and do it by stealth mode.”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »

< X-ray >

"Hmmm, you know Mike I think that may work. Although I'd be happier to at least put her under for a short while just so can attach the transmitter at least. It would also give us the opportunity to see just what we are dealing with if the case is presented to us where we need a plan B. What do you think?" Anne's mind was naturally by nature thinking ahead as she always did.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2016, 04:24:50 AM »

Tama Akimoto

Seeing Kelly put her more at ease, her relaxed it's fiddling with her pendant. A slight smile formed on her lips and her shoulders rise slightly.

"How could I not be... this clothing does not help, they aren't modest."

For an honest question she gave an honest answer. The fine she had changed into was even stranger to her than the clothes she had borrowed. What she wouldn't give to be in one of her tribes. Well not those horrid stiff formal ones, she hated the starched collars of those.

"I've had worse than a scratch before..."

Her eyes rolled slightly, her smile broadened even more. A scratch was nothing to her training injuries or a broken jaw.

"Oh Doctor Keller, I promised my Pai the implants. He wants to study them."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »

<Pre-Op>

"You'll get used to it around here Tama. Once you have been fully accepted and placed on a team, you'll be in and out of here often, and as often stripped to your underwear or less." Kelly was straight forward to say the least, but in a kindly way of course. "We always though make sure its by gender, you won't see a man for miles around if and when the need arises....now just a little prick." She pierced the girls index finger with the tiny blood test scalpel, applying a small band aid when she was done. After of course getting her sample which was as expected a very human red. "Didn't hurt did it?" As she was finishing Jen moved over to join them.

Bunching up her eyebrows, Jen looked keenly at Tama. "That is 'if' we can remove them. I would say though that maybe he should be here during the surgery, what do you think?" It made sense, for if they can't be removed, Radek would at worst have a chance to study them.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2016, 08:21:53 AM »

Tama Akimoto

"That I am accustomed too, I was always being evaluated, or treated. I.was always smaller than my age mates, I got hurt more than they did. "
Her unused hand rubbed her jaw, remembering having her inner jaw broken by her cousin. Not a fight she would want to ever attempt.

She didn't flinch at the little nick to her finger, but she watched, because it made her more comfortable to see what was happening.

The dark haired head turned though to look at Jennifer, tilting slightly as she thought.

"If he is not busy... I would find comfort in him being there, he seems kind from the short time we have spoken.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2016, 05:08:11 PM »

<Pre-Op>

Kelly had to look Tama up and down, trying to imagine this tough young girl getting hurt by anyone, more likely she'd punch their lights out first. Then again, she would learn that eventually when she started to get to know the other women on the base. "Take it from me Tama. If there is one thing I can say about the males on this base, they will make sure you are never harmed. Unless of course its another woman, then they take the sadistic pleasure of watching." She placed the small sample tube in her tray for analysis a little later. "The worst punishment you can expect from any of the medical staff is harsh words if an when you've done something silly like getting injured." At least humor always worked for her.

By this time Jen was about ready to administer the first shot of the pre-op sedative. She stopped with the syringe in mid air. "Why don't I call Radek down here now before I give you this?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »

<<From Gate Room>>

Somehow Reese had managed to make her way back to the infirmary.  This place as still very foreign to her, but she knew that she needed to find Gizmo and make sure the cat hadn't caused too much trouble.  Of course she had no idea if Ruby was still here or had been sent out on a mission.    Reese looked around, not wanting to interrupt anyone when they were busy.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »

<Pre-op>

Even while focusing on the job at hand, Kelly noticed or rather heard footsteps nearby. Glancing through the faint parting of the curtain she saw a woman standing outside in a black flight suit, Dreadnought crew most likely, possibly with an injury. "Excuse me, Tama, Jen." She placed the tray down on the table, slipping outside quietly.

<Nurses Station>

Her expression relaxed visibly when she saw the woman wasn't injured, at least not visibly. Quickly her eyes fell to the chest patch 'Doctor Reese Prescott MD'. Well that was welcome, maybe the word got through to the SGC finally, although Kelly hadn't seen the latest staffing updates. "Hello ...Doctor. I'm Lieutenant Kelly Roden senior staff nurse. Can I hopefully take it your here to join us and not just visiting?" She was easy on the eye naturally, that seemed to be the way of things with Stargate Command's medical staff.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »

Reese turned as someone spoke.  She hadn't met Kelly in her previous few minutes here, but that was to be expected.  She hadn't been at Atlantis long before being called back out. "Please, call me Reese," she smiled.  The blonde shook her head. "I just got back from a mission and am not completely sure of orders right now.  If you need an extra hand I'll gladly offer it though.  I had come to check on my cat that I had left with Ruby Forester before I left, but Gizmo can wait a bit longer," she smiled.  If they needed help Reese wasn't one to sit back and do nothing.  Not if it was in her power to help.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »

Tama Akimoto

Tama tried to keep her eyes off the needle, she only managed it when Kelly excused herself.

"Yes... If he isn't busy."

Her eyes dipped a little, she didn't want the brim interfering with his work, but she did want to have family with her. Have someone to reassure her, just as she had always wanted, rather than be expected to just do as she was told.

Her Godoma had never been allowed to be with her, she had too many duties, Tama was told.
She couldn't have her here now, but if she could have her Pai, then she wouldn't turn it down.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2016, 05:42:53 AM »

< X-ray >

"Hmmm, you know Mike I think that may work. Although I'd be happier to at least put her under for a short while just so can attach the transmitter at least. It would also give us the opportunity to see just what we are dealing with if the case is presented to us where we need a plan B. What do you think?" Anne's mind was naturally by nature thinking ahead as she always did.

< X-ray >

Mike gave the scan one final look, then nodded as he turned to face Anne, having the anesthetist part of him talking. “Sure, IV Propofol might do the trick. If she has a metabolism just similar to you and me, it’ll put her to sleep within a few seconds and as soon as we stop the infusion, she’ll be awake and lucid within a minute. Used carefully she’ll be able to maintain spontaneous breathing throughout the procedure meaning no need for us to intubate and hook her up to a ventilator… then again if all goes south, we still have the option of having her completely out of it with the push of a button. Literally.”

“Alright…” He pulled in a deep breath and looked down at his flight suite, “I guess I’ll need a change of clothes. Doubt Keller would want me in the OR like this. Where can I find some scrubs?”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2016, 01:06:18 PM »

< X-ray >

The SGC's 'Old Girl' tapped her bottom lip for a moment with the end of her stethoscope as if she was in deep thought, which of course she was. After a long drawn out minute she weighed back in again. "You see now why I called you in Mike, my old brain would not have come to that conclusion. At least not as swiftly as you did. Very well then, let's call Jennifer in, so we can give her the good news for what it is. "

In summary, it was the best possible outcome; there was no other avenue open to them now unless some other brilliant surgeon had something else to offer, which wasn't going to happen. All three of them were fairly much of the same mind now. "Two doors up from here if my memory serves me correctly." Which is where she had to go as well in any case.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2016, 04:36:40 AM »

< X-ray >

“Well, at least we have an idea of how to start, so sure – let’s give her a call.”
Mike wasn’t all to pleased and it probably showed all over him.
There were just too many variables and uncertainties involved. And if it was one treat he shared with most other surgeons world wide, it was the aversion towards surprises. Deal with an upcoming crisis – sure, no problem, but to not really have a plan and play it by the ear when getting in to surgery…
Then again, if Keller and Anne were willing to take the chance and felt confident about this, then at least he could offer his skills in helping them pull this through.
He sighed, “I’ll go and get changed then. Back in a few.”

< Locker room of the Infirmary >

He closed the door to the locker room behind him and as he started to rummage around on the shelves for scrubs his size, he clicked the radio, “Olofsson, Jaworski. Over.”

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:38:18 AM by NG »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal