Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 36109 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »

< OR section of the Infirmary >

Leaving Anne to talk to Keller and letting them tend to their patient, Mike quietly replied to Reese as he put a mask on and then started to scrub his hands and arms, “Guess that’ll be two of us then. Relying on the rookies here, uh?” The grin he had behind his face mask was reflected in his eyes, “Sometime they aren’t very picky…”
His interest turned back towards Anne though as he donned a surgical gown and gloves and overheard her question about attending anesthetist.
Mike looked between Reese and Keller. ‘Seriously?’ She was going to let a general surgeon handle the anesthesia? Sure, they all had to step out of their comfort zone from time to time and become inventive and all that, but this?

His decision to take the back seat until their patient was under just flew out of the window and he walked over to stand just behind Keller and said in a low tone, hoping, but not being sure of that Anne caught what he said, “I might be out of line here doctor Keller, but why are you letting a general surgeon handle the anesthesia part of this? I believe I’m far better suited for that than her with my anesthesiology training. Anne and I made some plans, but if we all just take two minutes before doing anything else, she can brief Reese, I’ll have a chance to read up the girl’s physiology and then we can move along with the right people on the right places, ok?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 336
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2016, 01:12:55 PM »

*Nurses Station*

The tall German looked up slowly, she wasn't fond of Australian accents, they to her sounded rather unrefined. Still she had to admit most of those from that southern land were decent hard working people, she simply didn't like the way they spoke. Recognising the rank on the woman's chest patch and the fact she was the Dreadnought's XO, Helga by way of courtesy stood erect to answer. "Commander all our doctors are currently in theater at the moment. If its a medical issue and from I can see.." She looked the other woman over from top to bottom. "...it does not appear to be urgent, perhaps I can help you."

<OR>

"Welllllll..." Jennifer shrugged as she to headed for the scrub recess. "....I'm just wingin it Mike, I mean there are four General Surgeons here and I was under the impression that you would be lead on this.." She wasn't big on protocol, nor was Jen renown for being that organised as she normally only had Carson, herself and one other junior surgeon who was out tending to the Athosians today. "...I'll go along with whatever works best." As she said the last, Jen slipped off her base jacket to begin the three minute washdown of her arms and hands.

While all this was taking place, Kelly made herself busy by making sure everything was in place. She was gowned and masked, gloved and psyched up for the experience. She noticed Radek doing everything he could to back out of it, she was having none of it. "I'll make a deal with you Doctor Zelenka. Stay upright and I won't do your physical next time you return from off world." Kelly was known as Miss Meanie when it came to those. As placid and sweet as she was, she turned into a demon when it came to giving needles and physicals.

Next was Tama. Kelly wheeled the prep tray over to the side of the gurney, giving the girl a reassuring squeeze of the shoulder. "You'll do great kiddo. I'm going to put your catheter in now and with all that juice in you, you're not going to feel a thing." Finding a decent vein wasn't an issue, the girl was as healthy as Kelly's Piebald back home. The catheter in, she placed a surgical tape over it to hold it in place.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2016, 11:50:05 PM »

<OR>

Reese rolled her eyes a bit as she finished pulling her gloves on. "It does seem that way," she smiled. "Sometimes you can't afford to be picky." They had all been rookies at one point in time, she just prayed nothing would go wrong this time around.

Reese turned as Mike spoke up.  He had a point there and she would step back if that was what they figured was the best. "If you think that is for the best, Mike, by all means I'll take a back seat," she said.  This was very new to her and she wanted what was best for the patient.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »

With mild amusement reaching her eyes, Anne stood there placidly with her hands loosely across her chest. As a young Doctor so many years ago, she was enamored with the personalities of many television show Doctor characters. Sherman T Potter being perhaps the one she attuned to more than any other. So much so she often took on his persona as she did now. "Make up your minds kids. I can easily go find a nice place in the sun with a good cuppa." She was leaving in Mike's hands, there was no getting out of it for him now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:32:24 AM by MelsMum »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »

Mike looked at Anne, why was she making things so hard? She was, if nothing else the ranking officer for the military as well as the civilian medics. He heaved a heavy sigh and decided to take thing in his own hands. 'Sue me or court martial me later. We need to move!'
“Alright,” he said as he tore off the surgical gown, rolled it in to a ball and tossed it in the near by waste bin. “Anne, you know our plans, you take the lead on this, at least to start with. Jennifer…” If she wanted to be on first name basis with him, then fine, sure, “You’re first assistant. Reese, you’re with me on 'the other side of the curtain', because if my gut feeling is right, this might turn out to be a tricky one.” At no time, Mike either raised his voice or used a harsh tone, it was more a matter of stating the fact kind of voice.
Taking the chart he sat down by the head end of the OR table and quickly started reading up on the info they had so far on Tama, leaving the three doctors to sort things out for themselves for the next minute or so.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:30:24 PM by NG »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »

Hearing someone speak with a German accent, Aria turned to the doctor and responded as she placed her arms behind her back, "Nothing too urgent, miss. This woman is not from around here." she briefly moved her hand from behind her back and placed her open hand up toward Dysun continuing, "As she is an Alien, she requires a brief medical check up. You know the works and such."

She paused thinking over her head to make sure she didn't miss anything. Then she exclaimed, "Oh. She calls herself Dylan Sun. Nickname is Dysun. Don't wory about her. She may be all tough and grouchy on the exterior," she bent close and whispered as she covered part of her mouth, "but, she really is a teddy be-har." The last part she said with a strange sort of flow with her heavy Australian accent. She hoped it didn't offend the German doctor. She seemed nice.

As she returned her arm behind her back, she remained the stand by position as her eye rolled to the top of her head and glanced at Dysun. She was starting to enjoy picking on her. Maybe she was enjoying this too much?
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »

*Radio*

"Mike, whatever you're doing can you please finish up quickly, or as quickly as practical. We're moving out. Call me on the Dread as soon as you're ready to leave."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »

<OR>

Surprise crossed Jennifer's face, she wasn't quite used to being told what to do on her own turf, but then again in the short time she had known Mike, she trusted him to a point. He was still a male after all. "That will suit me. Very well then Anne, I'll do what I can to make it easy on you. If at any time you need my hands just say so okay" That was the best she could offer, Jen was still a little concerned as to just how delicate this might be.

*Nurses Station*

"That should be easy then Commander and no I am not easily intimidated by anyone." She had worked on huge enormous soldiers in battle, on the lines in Afghanistan. There wasn't much that unfazed Helga. "This way if you please Dylan." Her blonde head nodded in the general direction of a curtained off bed nearby.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »

Heaving a rather huge sigh with the acceptance of her fate, Anne while not all too happy about it, she knew in the end that Mike was right; to a degree. She felt just slightly overwhelmed as well, the look in those eyes told the story. 'I'm on the wrong side of sixty, my hands are not as steady as they once were.' The sad lament of many a fine surgeon; though this by nature wasn't the most difficult of course, she had done far more complicated than what they were anticipating with Tama and only recently to. Memories of Bonnie flooded her mind, giving rise to a pit of acid in her stomach.

"Very well then. Mike do what you need to do, Jen we'll start with a survey of her wrists, right one first. Reese as per Mike's request-" She tilted her head in that direction. "- I want the last images we have as well. Kelly, better get the hardware lass, we may well be doing some drilling, so I'll need two number four plates and the associated screws, if we need to attach Mike's device, I don't want it floating around loosely. Lets get at it people." She realised as she was speaking that Granny still had her bark.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2016, 12:41:14 AM »

Reese nodded as Mike made the decision of who needed to be where.  "Right behind you, Mike," she said, turning to follow him.  she wasn't going to question as she was the newbie in all this and just wanted what was best for the patient.  She moved to follow Mike, glancing back at the patient.  Hopefully this turned out routine and she would be fine.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2016, 07:13:01 AM »

‘Ohfercryin… You have GOT to be kidding me!’ Mike almost groaned as he clicked the radio. “Jaworski here. Yes, I am in fact in the middle of something here and it might be a bit of a difficulty to rush things. Exactly when do we head out?  Over”
He had feeling their departure was sooner rather than later and started scribble down notes about how to handle the anesthesia, most definitely not being happy about this whole situation. When he was done, he handed to note pad over to Reese.
“Ok, sedation 101, quick and dirty. From what I understand, Tama has a very high metabolism. Pros – she’ll be out as a light within a few seconds once we give her the drug. Cons – she’ll probably need about twice as much of it as you or I would. Our plan is to give her just enough to sleep on, not making it a general anesthesia with the need for an intubation and assisted breathing, meaning Anne will have to use a local anesthesia as well since the Propofol doesn’t have any pain killing effects, ok?”
Mike pointed at the pad. “As long as we keep a close eye on her vitals, this isn’t exactly rocket science, take it slow and everything will be fine.”
Pulling in a deep breath he shot a fast look at Tama on the gurney and Radek. The latter having a bit of a greenish color, but that could also just be a reflection of all the green/blue fabric in the room and mumbled “…and I’d keep a close eye on him as well and act fast, putting his head between his knees if he starts swaying too much…”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »

*Radio from Dread*
 "Mike I can give you twenty minutes tops. We can leave perhaps five minutes later but that's it. If you can't break away, your second can stand in for you."
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Aria if you're switched on, we're leaving in twenty to twenty five minutes. Be on the bridge before that please."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2016, 02:24:34 PM »

The radio cracked to life in her ear as Aria exclaimed. Tapping it, she silenced it as she spoke to the doctor, "Ah, looks like duty calls. I gotta be going. Thanks miss. Dysun, behave yourself in front of the nice lady." Aria responded wagging her finger a little.

Dylan scowled at her not saying anything. Aria backed while giving her the look. Turning around, she left as she smirked enjoying herself. Tapping her radio, she opened the two way as she responded, "On my way, Commander. Five by five. On your six. Uhh, I mean, oh never mind. Be there in ten Bruiser out." Tapping the radio, she exclaimed slapping herself on the face. She had a long day apparently.

Meanwhile, after watching Aria leave, Dylan turned back to the doctor and responded with a silent grunt as she followed her directions.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:37:20 PM by Greenhorn »
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »

<OR>

Over hearing just a little of what occurred didn't change a thing for Jen at least. Mike had outlined what needed to be done and that was all she needed to have the courage to press ahead for Tama's well being first and foremost. She bent down and whispered to the girl, knowing full well that she may or may not understand. "Everything will be fine Honey. You'll be as good as new when we're done."

"Anne, I've got it." She had to say that, for that was the very thoughts in her own head. "Mike we'll be okay." She reassured him.

"Yes ma'am, I'm on my way." Her eyes looked at Radek over her mask, maybe this might be a good thing for him. She wanted to say something worthy to Mike, only he outranked her. If he could see her face she was sure he'd break out laughing.

<Examination enclosure>

"Be careful out there Commander." Helga was one of those Nurses who worried about everyone, even when she didn't know them. "Now, Dylan, if you would remove your outer garments please, then sit on the edge of the bed. We shall have this done quickly."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »

Reese glanced over as Mike's radio crackled to life.  Oh that was not good at all.  Losing one of the team could be bad.  Reese studied the note that Mike handed to her, making sure she listened to everything he had to say.  She nodded as she listened. "Okay, that makes sense.  Talk about being thrown under the bus," she sighed.  She glanced over at Radek.  He could pose a problem and she'd keep a close eye on him.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal