Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 36612 times)

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »

Tama Akimoto

Everything being spoken to her, around her and beyond her were just sounds, indistinguishable from the other sounds. In her drugged state, she was just aware of people around her, relaxed and free of her anxiety.

She heard Jen, but she couldn't fully comprehend, her sapphire eyes flickered open for the briefest moment, her mouth murmured something in her other native tongue, before she went back into her hazy state.

No fear, no worry, just on the edge of dreams.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:09 AM »

< OR section of the Infirmary >

“Copy that. I’ll be there. Jaworski out,” was Mike’s very short reply. Knowing his XO had been in charge of the Infirmary for the last 24 hours and no idea whether she’d been able to have some rest or not, he really felt he needed to get back before the Dread left orbit. There was no way he was going to let Rosseli be the one in charge while Coleman had her time off. No way…
Mike grabbed a syringe with the drug and slowly started to inject it in to the girls IV port. He wasn’t very happy about not having had the opportunity to at least say ‘Hi, I’ll take good care of you,’ to her before putting her to sleep, but sometimes there wasn’t just time for politeness.

When the girl one minute later was vast asleep and non-responsive to him, he looked at Anne and gave her a nod, “She’s all yours.”
Her vitals were all stable and her breathing was slow and deep, all according to plan.
Mike turned towards Reese and spoke in a very low tone, “Keep the infusion pump at the rate I’ve set. Push ‘stop’ when you want to wake her up and as I said, I recon she’ll be awake within about a minute. Lucid, probably not quite since she was pretty doped up before I took over, but still, she’ll wake up quickly enough. Anything else you need to know before I take my leave? Any questions on my notes?”
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:11:55 AM by NG »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »

Was she ready to dive into this again? Anne had only expected to pop into Atlantis for a day or so, share a nice cuppa with Jen and Richard, do her inspection tour then off to the Alpha site. She never in her wildest dreams thought she'd be doing critical micro surgery again at any time in her career. With Mike now leaving, all that changed. "Thanks tremendously for your help Mike, I for one are extremely grateful. Now you run off and be certain to take care lad. Oh and keep your head down to won't you?" She wanted to give him a small hug, though OR protocol forbid it. Later then for sure.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2016, 12:26:20 AM »

Reese wasn't expecting to be thrown into a surgery after only being at Atlantis for a few hours.  She knew as a doctor though she should have expected things like this.  She glanced through Mike's notes, making sure everything made sense in her mind before nodding.  "I think I got it.  You left pretty detailed ones.  thanks for that and it was good seeing you again.  Hopefully we'll meet again," she smiled, a bit sad to see Mike leave already.  He was the only one there she had met before and could claim to at least know a little bit.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2016, 07:00:21 AM »

<OR>

Radek came rushing into the OR , he was wearing the standard scrubs, he saw Tama out for the count

"Is she ok,  did i miss anything?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:58:08 AM by Red »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »

*radio*

"My key is in the ignition now Mike."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2016, 04:10:40 PM »

<OR>

Once that door was closed, the work began. All that was left was for them all to say their last but not final goodbyes to Mike, then it would be full on. For Jen it had been almost five months since she had done anything near to be considered surgery, other than a ingrown toenail removal, one appendectomy and the one child birthing for an Athosian, it had for her been incredibly quiet. This was going to bring her back to with a thump. "Mike, we've got this; be safe, we'll see you when you get back." If she was honest with herself, Jennifer would have far preferred that he stay, alas she had no say in it.

Shaking her head with even more amusement, Kelly tilted her head towards Radek as Mike was about to leave. "No Doctor Zelenka, not yet. In fact we've only just begun and I am sure you'd love to stand next to Doctor MacGregor to assist wouldn't you?" Cheeky bugger she was, Kelly had the ability, rare that it was; to make almost anyone smile. Some say she could make a Wraith laugh if she wanted to.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2016, 07:26:19 AM »

< OR section of the Infirmary >

“Alright. Have fun.” Mike looked from Reese, to Jen and then with a grin behind the mask and nod towards Anne, “I always  keep my head down Anne.”
He got up from his chair by the head end and walked over towards Zelenka, speaking in a low and calm voice in an attempt to calm the slightly jittery doctor. “She's doing just fine. If I were you, I’d take a seat over there.” Mike pointed to the chair he’d just occupied. . “It’ll keep you out of harms way as well as out of sight for whatever Anne and her team does, but you’d still be able to be close to Tama.” ‘…and Reese will be able to keep an eye on you.’
He gave him a pat on the shoulder and with a “See you guys later,” he quickly left the OR.

When outside, Mike quickly discarded the cap and mask in the nearest waste bin, and after having picked up his flight suite from the locker room, he clicked the radio.
“Dreadnaught, Jaworski,” then pondered whether to report to the med bay or the bridge, but quickly settled for the latter, “Get me to the bridge please.”
Two seconds later, the Dread CMO disappeared in a flash of light.

>> Mike to the Dread >>

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2016, 07:27:17 AM »

To Kelly Roden and Mike

Zelenka looked at the young nurse a little wide eyed and  with a little uneasy smile, then over to Mike as he showed him the chair

"Thank you, i appreciate this, i certainly dont want to get to near, or in the way"

Zelenka watched as the man left

He looked over at Anne and in a stage whisper said

"If i pass out, kick me outta the way"

He looked over at the nurse and gave her a nervous grin
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:10:17 AM by Red »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2016, 12:33:06 PM »

"You had best do that Mike." Anne murmured under her breath. To her, the staff under her command were like her own children, she knew each and every one of them as well as she knew her own kids and she cherished them as much as well.

Once Mike was gone, it was go time. She noted the time on the wall clocks, one showed as normal, the other would be the time passed, the 'counter'. One of the nurses would set that to 'start' the instant they began. "If you pass out Radek, I'll simply step over you." She joked, reassuring herself that he'd better not do that either. "Very well then ladies, take your places. Doctor Prescott, you can start the IV anytime now, Jennifer we'll begin with tracing the connections to her wrists." That would mean a physical opening, one at a time, the most telling part of what they were about to do.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2016, 12:46:58 AM »

As good as Mike's notes were Reese would have rather he had stayed.  She knew though that one didn't always have that option.  She watched as Mike walked out of the room before turning to his notes.  What a way to be introduced to Atlantis.  After this she was going to be doing a lot more studying.  Poor Gizmo would have a fit she was sure.  She looked up, her eyes the only thing visible behind the mask as Anne spoke.  Reese moved around to make sure the settings were still set to where Mike had left them before starting the IV.  "All good," she said.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2016, 07:06:08 AM »

Dylan stared at the German doctor with a wary eye. Even though she was a combat medic herself, she never trusted doctors. She does her own medical diagnosis and trusts her own results. Being immune to almost all diseases or sicknesses is a plus as she almost never had to heal herself. She was almost always healthy especially for her implants she was born with.

Following her instructions, Dylan went to her seat and removed her outer garment leaving behind her covered tank bra and shorts. On her defined physique was several tattoos, some outer implants and scars she received in the past. She was a warrior being a combat marine in a previous life before becoming a traveler.

Keeping her silence, she stared at Helga feeling neither emotions. Just a simple, cold feeling because she didn't know her. Only if the nurse asks her a question, then Dylan will speak. But for now, she will simply observe her through her small, invisible ocular implants. Her eyes were real, but some of her pupils have strains of implantation that aids her in scanning life forms or planets. It sends information to her arm that accesses a terminal or specialized frames that help her learn her surroundings a little better.

Right now, it was just scanning the nurse.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

<OR>

There was no count, it wasn't needed. Tama was already out by the time Kelly hit the timer clock remote. Jen looked up, noting the hour of the day, then repeated it verbally for everyone. "Four sixteen PM. Kelly start the sterilisation please." It first it was slow going, it always was like this. She glanced at Anne and Reese. "Keep her BP below 120 over 80, I don't want to rush this." She was nervous

Taking Jennifer's cue, Kelly began the swab down after covering Tama with the appropriate covers, ones that had holes in them to expose her forearms. Other than her head, she was now completely covered and the iodine wash gave her exposed arms an eerie reddish yellow hue. She reached over to turn the display screen around on a better angle for the doctors, the last X-Rays and CT scans popped up immediately.

<Examination enclosure>

"You've had a hard life." Helga commented as she took note of Dylan's obvious encounters over what must have been a few years. "Would you like to talk about it? I find it makes things go much faster and easier for both of us." The stethoscope was up and soon she was checking the woman over as swiftly as she could. A camera was at hand so she could photograph the various identifying marks such as the scars and tattoos. Being a former model in her younger days before she got the medical calling, it was amusing to her that no matter where humans came from or how advanced, their underwear was all pretty much the same.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »

"We're good to go then people." There was of course little for Anne to do other than assist, or to step in if Jennifer thought she was struggling. At this point her primary role was guidance with some added consultation. She could though begin the proceedings at the very least. Taking up a surgical marker pen, as she studied the CT scans, Anne traced a 'T' on the back of each hand, the lines of incision. So far that was easy.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »

Reese took a step back.  For the moment her part was done.  Although she would need to keep a close eye on the sedation and apparently Radek as well as he looked ready to faint.  Mike hadn't been kidding.  She glanced at Mike's notes in her hand, making sure she had covered everything for the moment being.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal