Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 12729 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2017, 09:32:01 AM »

Reese probably would have stood there in shock if Mel hadn't tugged her elbow to move her away.  Although she still watched in interest.  Just what was Sunniva going to do?

Her eyes widened as Sunniva suddenly collapsed and Brina bolted to a sitting position. "Whoa!" she exclaimed, kneeling next to the much taller El'Dari. "Are you okay?" she asked gently, hoping Mel or Kelly would check on Brina.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 209
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #331 on: January 01, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »

That certainly was out of left field for both of them. Melinda checked on the baby, she was fine at least as far as the readouts were concerned and there was no way she was going to open that humidicrib now, she could see there was no immediate need to do so. Leaving what she was about to do then, she joined Reese at Sunniva's side. She looked quite pale, if you could tell that from her normal alabaster complexion in any case at least. Mel felt for the pulse, it was strong and steady, as much as she could tell for one of their kind.

But before she could speak, Sunniva opened her eyes sharply. "You did not..?" She left the question unsaid as the look on Melinda's face told her they did obey her command, which considering they were in Reese's domain was a little strange.

"No we didn't, you collapsed when you finished." Mel said blankly, she wasn't used to an outsider calling the shots in here. But then they had no choice. "And we thank you Sunniva for coming to help us with Brina, I'm afraid we had no alternative."

Sunniva sat up defying the fact she was flat out a mere second ago. "Think nothing of it, I see it as a duty. How is the babe and the girl?"

Brina leaned on her elbow in the bed, she was at least dry now and warm. Still feeling just a little weak she answered for herself. "I am fine, better at least. I believe my thanks are to you?" She'd never seen an El'Dari before, to her Sunniva was just another member of the galaxy, little did she know how much a part of that the El'Dari were. Brina looked over at her little girl in the crib, she smiled. Immediately she knew the name she would carry. For now she said nothing.

Unfolding like some graceful bird, Sunniva stood to walk over to her patient, she checked on the baby first, then Brina. "You are strong, to be truthful Brina you should not have survived but for the quick thinking of these two. I was merely the instrument that brought about your healing, do not think of it." She more or less repeated herself.

"Thank you to all of you then." Brina said softly, then laid back to rest.

Turning to Reese and Melinda, Sunniva withdrew a small vial from within her cloak. "This roalberry, it grows only on my homeworld. Give her just a small drop every three hours for a day, no more. The baby is doing well so there is no more to do there other than your usual care. I would though like to stay a while if that is well with you both?"

Melinda found a smile at least, she stood to join the El'Dari, hauling Reese up with her as she did. "We are grateful and I am sure that can be arranged. Reese?" It was her call after all.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:29:16 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »

It had been hard for Reese to stand by and watch, but she had also learned to obey.  And when she saw Brina alive and healthy she was glad she had.  And she was also glad that Sunniva seemed alright.

"It is good to see you with more color, Brina," Reese said as Mel pulled her to her feet.  She accepted the vial with a nod.  "We'll do that and please, stay as long as you like," she assured Sunniva.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2018, 11:09:05 PM »

Melinda took the vial of purple colored liquid from Sunniva, she popped the top open to give it a cursory smell, she was quite certain since she knew just a little of the El'Dari and the world they lived on, this 'roalberry' could very well be a cousin in the berry genus to Elderberry, it was the same color and the fragrance of that plant back home always lingered in her mind, her mother had a bush growing right outside Mel's bedroom, she would inhale its sweet freshness every spring. There would have to be a time for the girls to have a reciprocal visit to Sunniva's world and Mel hoped soon she could bring the subject up.

Her blue eyes looked over to the woman, the question on her mind became a spoken one. "This is an immune booster isn't it?" She asked.

Sunniva dipped her head towards Reese and Melinda, it was difficult for the latter at least to come to terms with the fact that the El'Dari woman's mind, if not her body at least, had lived for millions of years and in all that time, many of those years spent in a never ending recycling of an Asgard body until they woke up to the fact of the Xerox syndrome. "Thank you Reese, I am honored. I do have to spend some time with your leader Richard Woolsey, there is a little matter of a treaty I need to see to. After that I would like to learn as much from you two as I can. I am afraid that despite the reputation of my people and all the wonders we have achieved, the simplicity of everyday medicine is something we have come to rely far too much on technology. I pray your people over time won't make the same errors we did...yes it is." She added at the end to Mel's question.

Brina could only listen to the talk, it was a language all to their own. Not that she didn't understand them, of course she did. But the talk of medicine escaped her, she was a warrior first and foremost, a mother now second and of course a widow because of the Wraith. She felt comforted though by being in their presence. "Thank you Doctor Reese, I do feel wonderful and I could say amazing, though I do still feel a little weary. Would it be permissible for me to hold my baby soon?" She asked, propping herself on one elbow.

Sunniva looked at both the young Doctors (She was aware of Melinda's qualifications, though she was also aware of how much time the girl had spent outside her own department). "From my point of view, certainly any time she can. I would though suggest that Brina rest for a few hours at least before you bring them together."

That was good enough for Mel. She after all could only in the main part boast of delivering baby animals, though human beings were in truth far less complex than many she had a helping hand in.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2018, 11:08:51 AM »

Reese was definitely curious to speak with Sunniva more.  It seemed there was a lot that they both could learn.  And learning new things about medicine that could safe lives was certainly something she was interested in.  Not to mention learning more about the El'Dari was something that interested her as well.

Reese nodded. "Of course.  I look forward to getting to speak with you more.  I think we could both learn much from each other."

She looked over at Brina and nodded.  What Sunniva said made sense.  Of course she didn't know half of what Sunniva had done to help Brina.  "That sounds about right.  You rest for a bit Brina, then we'll get your little one to you.  She is doing well."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2018, 12:30:58 AM »

"You should rest now Brina." Mel soothed the young woman, pulling the covers over her. She then turned to both Reese and Sunniva. "We can talk more comfortably in the staff room, its been a harrowing experience for all us I would say."

Sunniva agreed. "Hopefully I can show her people how to safely get rid of that weed where they live, it does not belong there and they should not have to live in such danger. Had she been a child, she would not have lasted so long. We should make this a priority."

"I agree. Its too dangerous and hopefully since we brought the Athosians here, they can see the value in doing them such a service. Reese, since Teyla has gone off world, you and I can talk to the elders about it."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »

Reese smiled as Brina lay back down.  It wouldn't be long before the new mom would be able to hold her little girl.  This was one of the many reasons Reese enjoyed being a doctor, to see a new life come into existence.  Of course no all cases turned out so well, she was just glad that this one had.

She followed the others toward the staff room.  at least they would have a bit of privacy there.  Reese wrinkled her nose. "Hmm, that will be new for me," she admitted.  She had never had to speak with the elders.  "But if it will help save lives then count me in.'

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:41 AM »

With a very pleasant nod of her head, Sunniva gave the impression to the girls she was something close to a godly regent, although she would be the first to sway you off that thought. It was simply her baring, the immense height added weight to that it must be said. It wasn't though a dismissal, merely her way of departure. "We will speak again, for now I will see to it that Richard Woolsey is fully appraised of both this situation and that of my people, I bid you both a good eve." With that she left silently, you couldn't even hear her footsteps.

Mel waited the appropriate amount of time before speaking again, when she did she whispered, getting that feeling that the El'Dari could hear her no matter where she was. "A strange one that Reese, very strange. She looks human to a point, other than those pointy ears of course and that skin, god what I would give to have skin like that, never mind she is so so very old."

After a moment of silence, she spoke up again. "Kelly can take care of Brina and the baby now Reese, I think its really important now we get back to the mainland don't you? I'd hate to think one of their kids got poisoned by that stuff while we were here. We have to warn them."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2018, 01:18:39 PM »

Reese watched Sunniva leave then shook her head.  "I agree.  That is my first real dealing with one like her."  She chuckled a bit.  "I completely agree."

She looked over at Kelly.  "You're right.  And let's go.  I don't want to see anyone else to go through what Brina just did."  She was just grateful that Sunniva had been able to come.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »

Mel laughed a little, the first time in a while that she'd feel light enough to do so. "I believe from what Teyla has told me, even some of the humans in this galaxy can be rather bizarre. But then, that is hardly different from our own back home isn't it?" She was right on that score, he own father was considered somewhat 'weird' at times.

"Right, this is something we must do. Kelly..." She called to see if the nurse had returned, which she had a moment ago.

"Mel?" The older woman looked up from the babies crib.

By this time Melinda was on her feet ready to move out again. "Can you take care of Brina and the baby for a few hours, there is something Reese and I need to do back on the mainland. I'll clear it with Woolsey when we get to the Jumper bay."

"The weed? Yes I heard Sunniva on that. Take my advice hun, drag along some marines, some red tags and do a good job. I don't want to see another case like this too soon do you?"

"No." Mel shook her head. "Come on Reese, grab your gear we're going to be busy for a while. Could you swing by the cafe and grab some food, I'll see Captain Hunter and see if he can loan us a few of his boys."

<<To Jumper bay via Marines quarters>>

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »

Reese laughed.  "I'm sure there are some that would find us odd," she pointed out with a smile.  Now that Brina and her baby were safe she could relax a bit.  At least for now.

Reese nodded.  "I'll see what I can get my hands on.  Sounds like we'll be there for a while." She didn't want to see anyone else get as sick as Brina only because they didn't take a little extra time.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »

"Hey." She said her new smile splitting her face almost in two. "Ronon finds me very strange." Mel held back a giggle but it eventually escaped. "Let's get going then, we'll meet in the Jumper bay say in ten minutes."

<To Jumper bay>>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »

Reese laughed. "I think we're all strange in our own ways," she smiled before nodding.  "Sounds good.  I'll see you there." Reese would gather up a few more things to take with them before meeting up with Mel again.  Hopefully no one else got into the plant that had made Brina so sick.

<To Jumper bay>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »

<<From Jumper Bay>>

"It's good to be back home again." Mel was singing in fact, a line from an old favorite of her Mother's, she couldn't quite recall who sang it, she just knew it was a lovely country song from long ago. Dropping her pack on the floor she was quite taken aback to see the med bay empty until she saw a small note on the nurses station desk.

It read. "Doctors Prescott and Olofsson. The nurses have called a meeting to discuss our current wages and conditions. We feel we have been neglected far too long and we must warn you that if our demands are not met, industrial action will soon follow." It was signed simply 'The Nursing staff'. Which meant all of them.

"Oh, oh, damn. Reese you had better read this." She handed the paper over to her friend. What a time to do such a thing and can they even do that?

@sorra

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »

<<from jumper bay>>

Reese stretched a bit, chuckling as Mel sang.  "It is good to be home," she grinned.  "Hope Gizmo isn't too mad at me,"  her poor cat had been left behind for a while now.

She stepped up beside Mel.  "Oh dear.  That is not good news.  Just what are they thinking?"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27