Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 26419 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Hey stop it..."
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"S..sorry Mike. I've got Tor....Torren with me. Do you need me?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »

"Sure leave the old lady to do your job." Anne quipped laconically as she looked over the rim of her glasses, of course she added her standard chuckle at the end.

Now she had to fiddle with that silly radio again, Anne hated the things so much she wished for a good old telephone. Finally she managed to get it working to her satisfaction. "Jennifer its Anne, when you and Tama are ready dear." That should do it.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2016, 01:49:39 AM »

< Locker room >

Mike grinned when he heard the laughter come over the radio. Whatever she was up to, she appeared to have a great time anyway, so his guilty conscience for not being able to join her eased up a bit. "Sounds like I should be asking you the same question!"
He found the shirt and pants he was looking for and started to get changed as he spoke. "But no, no worries. I'm good. Look, I'm sorry, but I got drafted to your infirmary for a... shall we say sort of a consultation, so I'm going to be stuck here for a little while."
With the flight suite neatly folded on one of the benches, he quickly pulled on the scrubs and left the room, "I'll let you know when I'm done here, ok?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2016, 11:38:01 PM »

*radio*

"Sounds like fun you're having Mike. If it is anything urgent you or Jennifer need me for, don't hesitate okay?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2016, 01:39:54 AM »

<Pre-Op>

A moment of freedom Jennifer always took as a reward, even if it was to make 'that' call. "He'll be here Tama, even if I have to drag him down." She knew poor old Radek could be a little squeamish now and then, but this was important to Tama and Radek as well. She pipped her radio. "Radek, its Jennifer. Tama would like you down here please." She kept it brief, it had to be.

Anne called her then, she only had to pip her radio twice. "We're on our way Anne." She patted Tama on the shoulder. "Ready? You can stay on the gurney Honey, I think with sedative we gave you, your legs are going to be a little like jello." She might have to explain that one.

<Nurses Station>

"Reese it is then Doctor. We're all pretty informal around here in any case so don't worry too much about addressing folks incorrectly, no one really notices." She looked over towards OR1, knowing things were going to be sorted out quickly. "How are you at  anaesthetics Reese? We have an operation about to be underway."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »

<Nurses Station>

Reese smiled, glad to know they were pretty informal here.  She didn't know anyone here and she didn't want to accidentally offend anyone.  It seemed that wouldn't be the case though.  A slight smile touched the corners of her lips.  "I can handle it," she assured Kelly.  Not exactly what she had planned when coming to collect Gizmo, but she was a doctor and would never just walk away.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2016, 09:24:48 AM »

<Pre-Op>

A moment of freedom Jennifer always took as a reward, even if it was to make 'that' call. "He'll be here Tama, even if I have to drag him down." She knew poor old Radek could be a little squeamish now and then, but this was important to Tama and Radek as well. She pipped her radio. "Radek, its Jennifer. Tama would like you down here please." She kept it brief, it had to be.
Radek:   "Ermmm *yawn* yes yes, i will be right there"

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

Tama Akimoto

Her nerves were starting to kick in a little, but there was no turning back now. She was committed to this path. It made her smile though at the threat to bring her Pai by force if needed.

More so when she heard him was coming, though nerves came back when Anne said they were ready.

"Jello?"

She queried, though not arguing about staying on the gurney. Tama sledding lie down though, there was still.one thing left to say.

"If, if... If something goes wrong, not that I ...believe it will, but will ...you put on my shoes? Don't let ...my soul linger..."

She wasn't sure if she was making herself understood,nor did she know what the beliefs were of these people. But those emborodiered shoes that she never wore but always carried, even now sat with her clothing, were to ensure her should didn't cling to the living world.

"Promise me..."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!NG is leading the good life!
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »

< Locker room and back to X-ray >

Mike grabbed a green surgical cap as he passed a shelf in the hallway back to Anne. “I promise I’ll call you if disaster strikes Mel. Jaworski out,” he said in an amused tone, far from the formal one one were supposed to use while on radio.
Switching to the Dread frequency, he continued although now in more somber tone, “Forster, Jaworski. Do you copy?”
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:48:28 PM by NG »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »

By the time Mike returned Anne had already scrubbed up, donned scrubs then only to wait for one of the Nurses to assist with gloving up. She took the opportunity as well to lay out the Op trays in her neat order, something that every medic on the planet was familiar with. A good well trained theatre nurse could pick up each instrument blind folded as the Medico asked for them.

"I take it we have a go Mike? I took my damned radio off."

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »

Zelenka arrived in the infirmary and stood in the doorway looking around, he saw Tama and Jennifer together and strode over to them both.

"Hello, is everything ok?"

He looked from one to the other

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2016, 11:32:22 PM »

*Radio*
 "Copy ye laddie. Surely me time ain't up yet is it?"

*Radio*

"I'll be here Mike; just yell loudly"
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:39:05 AM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2016, 01:16:09 AM »

<Pre-Op>

"He's on his way Tama." Jenn said cheerfully as she turned the gurney around to begin the short journey to the OR. As she wheeled through the end of the Infirmary she kept up a little chatter. "Jello, its a treat you're going to have after the operation, with ice cream by the way. Its made from the gelatinous goo that binds the strands of certain types of seaweed. Once not long ago us humans used a similiar substance taken from animal bones; though some still use that, its losing its appeal these days." That should be enough for the girl to go on.

Gaining a few more yards she was about to call Kelly over when she noticed her talking to someone. Pausing for a moment, she started to walk away when Radek appeared quietly as he always did. "Everything is fine Radek. Tama here wanted you to be with her, nothing less than that. Excuse me a minute please." She could leave Tama safely there on the gurney with Radek while she went to see who the visitor was.

<Nurses Station>

"Oh here you are Jennifer. Doctor Reese Prescott, this is Doctor Keller." She was at ease now, things were falling into place smoothly. "Jen, Doctor Prescott has been posted here from Earth, she just arrived on the Dread, oh and she has a kitty with her to." That would be nice, something familiar from home.

"Excellent timing Doctor; is it too early to throw you into scrubs?" She extended her hand in greeting. "A cat eh? we could use something to take away the idle hours. Make sure though you have Doctor Olofsson check it out first before you bring her down. She's our resident Vet by the way."

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »

Pre Op

Radek smiled and looked relieved

"Ok, thank you"

He looked at Tama

"Everything is going to be alright, you have the best care in the world............or, out of this world"

He gave her a smile and he looked around, not quite knowing what else to say. He pushed up his glasses and coughed, he looked like he was going to say something, stopped short of it, then suddenly said

"It will be over before you know it"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »

(Nurses station)

Reese smiled.  "Pleasure.  And put me to work.  I'll help however I can."  She smiled.  Gizmo would like it here.   She shook Jennifer's hand.  "I'll be sure to do that."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30