Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 36609 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2016, 05:49:42 AM »

< OR section of the Infirmary >

Mike popped his head out in the hallway, “Looks like they’re heading our way now,” before clicking his radio.
“No, not yet, don’t worry,” he replied to Ruby, “I’ll let you off the hook in a minute. I just need you to do me a favor. Go and have a look in the storage next the OR. Just outside my office. On one of the top shelves we should have an early prototype of Bonnie’s kill switch. You know the one that almost looks like an axial-lead resistor with a switch attached to it? Check the date and see if it’s still sterile, it ought to be, and then have it beamed down to my position in the Infirmary. Ok? Over.”

He looked back at Anne to elaborate his thoughts, “Your drawing made me think; why invent the wheel twice when we already have something that might do the trick for us. Since it’s only temporary, I thought we could at least try it out?”

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2016, 06:30:20 AM »

Tama Akimoto

As soon as the gurney started moving, Tama could feel the effects of the sedative start to hit her, so she decided to lay down. Listening to the description of jello from Jennifer.

She was about to ask if she was going to get the kind made from animal bones, she liked to eat bones...it sounded like she would enjoy it, when just on the edge of her vision she saw her Pai.

She tells twitched a smile, her sapphire eyes having now half closed, but still taking in things around her. She heard Jennifer reassure Radek things were well and then excuse herself.

"Jennifer said... I could... ask for you..."

Tama smiled slightly at his awkwardness, she would felt the same but the sedative was making everything a bit fuzzy for her, but it didn't stop her from laughing at his joke.

"... out of this world...

She repeated back in a murmur, before reaching her hand out towards him in a slightly uncoordinated manner.

"It will be ...and I won't be... The Lady... Protector and I... can eat jello ...with ice cream. We can build things...Without my head going in into them... I don't like it...  I can't control it."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »

Now there was some lateral thinking on Mike's part. A vivid memory of young Heckman passed through Anne's thoughts as he mentioned her, eighteen hours straight of surgery between her and Carrie Svensson, then more again three times after that. Not something one is likely to forget quickly. She was going to ask him where he got it, though it wasn't necessary as Anne recalled Mike did some consultation on the case during and after anyway. "It can't hurt, plus I don't think we could muster up the parts needed in a hurry Mike, though I'm sure Rodney McKay would argue that point."

Anne looked up the hallway to see the gaggle of girls taking their sweet time. "Hustle up ladies, we can't wait all day. Kelly! On the double, my arms will fall off before I'm gloved!" Still Anne, she wouldn't change even if she were one hundred years old.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »

*Radio*

"Ah hev it Mikey. Just a tic."
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"On its way Mike, anthin else?" Some several micro seconds later it appeared at Mike's location.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2016, 05:18:25 PM »

<OR>

Anne's yelling helped to set the pace, strangely the air was light with a touch of not quite merriment, though it wasn't grim either. This was a time of release for Tama, one way or the other she would be free of those things, hopefully. Still one never knew what could come with alien technology. "We're coming Anne!" Not shouting, that wasn't Jennifer, but not too timid either. "Radek, if you mask up, you can stay with Tama if you like." That would be comforting at least.

"Over there Reese.." She pointed to a room off to the side. "You'll find fresh scrubs, and welcome to Atlantis by the way."

Kelly wasn't a slacker, the moment the Surgeon General let loose she was off. Almost skidding to a halt, she grabbed clean gloves along the way, slipping a pair on herself, then assisting Anne with hers. That done she had to go to the scrub room to change as well. It was all go now.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »

<OR>

Reese smiled at Jennifer. 'Thank you," she said after hearing the shout.  Oh, this didn't sound good.  Just what was she getting into?  Well, no time to think about that now.  She just headed for the area Jennifer had pointed out, grabbing scrubs on the way.  This was certainly one way to get into a new life.  She quickly weaseled into the scrubs and pulled her hair back before heading back out, slipping the covering over her blonde hair. "Alright, what do we have?" she asked, pulling a pair of gloves on.  She didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

On Way To OR

Radek grinned at her and patted her hand awkwardly

"Thats it, you go to sleep, when you wake up everything will be alright, and thank you Dr Keller, but i dont think you want a body on the floor to hamper you, I would rather stay out here if that is alright"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!NG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2016, 04:47:46 AM »

“No,” Mike shook his head, “That’s pretty much what I thought as well. If we had more time, McKay might have been able to McGyver something, but I figured this might work for all intents and purposes right now.”
There was a small flash of light and the requested item appeared on a table next to him. “Nice!” Mike grinned and clicked his radio, “Thank you Ruby, I’ll call you if there is anything else. Jaworski out.”

He put his cap on and with a face of recognition he nodded towards Reese as she entered, “Hey. Looks like our paths cross sooner rather than later. We’re about to pick out a few implants from a Pegasus native. Didn’t know you were in on this as well.”

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2016, 06:06:21 AM »

Tama Akimoto

Her eyes closed, she wasn't dead to the world as yet, a nudge or a voice could easily get her to open her eyes and talk if needed. Tama was relaxed, any fears she had were not accessible to her sedated mind.

"Waiting with jello...bones...ice cream..."

A little mumble came from her mouth, vaguely aware of the voices around her.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:14:07 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2016, 10:14:00 AM »

Always the appreciative one, Anne thanked Kelly with a courteous nod a second before she pulled a surgical mask over her face. She then walked casually to stand beside Tama's gurney, looking down on the lass she hoped that the face covering with the glasses over the top wasn't a frightening aspect for her. "You'll be fine dear." Giving her a friendly pat on the shoulder, with a frown unseen at Radek. "Chicken." She mumbled under breath.

"Mike, I doubt though in all honesty even the great 'Doctor' could come up with the goods in this case, we are after all dealing with something yet unknown. Lets pray that device works if and when we need it. Right then, Jennifer who is doing the anesthesia?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »

*Radio*

"Ah'll be here laddie, now do what ye hev to do."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

<OR>

Jen leaned across the gurney, she did actually hear Anne and she was quite sure that Radek did as well. Tama was just about out of it to, so wouldn't be aware of what passed. "Radek, for your daughter please. I promise you it would be grisly and if we need to do anything drastic, you can look away or leave then." All that at barely a whisper. "That would be Doctor Prescott,  Anne." She added a little more loudly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:08:09 PM by RogueRanger »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »

<OR>

Reese looked up when she heard a voice she actually recognized.  A smile touched her ruby lips. 'Well all be.  Nice to see a face I recognize," she grinned, but then shook her head.  "I just got back and kinda got pulled in.  So this will be very new to me."

She glanced over at Anne and than Jen.  "Got it.  Is there anything I should know about her before I get the anesthesia ready?"  She just wanted to make sure that the the Pegasus native would require the same amount as a human from earth.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2016, 12:12:10 AM »

Radek gave Anne a weak smile
"I have weak genes, and Dr Keller, by the time you tell me its grisly i will have hit the deck, but if you are willing to step over a prone body, then so be it"

Radek strode off to get into scrubs before Jennifer or Anne could reply
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:29:26 AM by Red »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »

As Aria lightly pushed Dylan into the room, she responded as she stood by the doorway, "Wait a mo, Dysun. So, who's here available if someone's available. I got a patient for you," she looked around and made a quiet side humorous comment, "She's a big one."

Dylan felt the light push and scowled at Aria with a growl. She was feeling a bit perturbed to be treated like a prisoner or being ordered around.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal