Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Atlantis: Infirmary  (Read 14994 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Infirmary
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2018, 09:20:13 PM »

{Cate SG4}

<<From Quarters to Isolation>>

Thankfully Cate didn't bump into Rob again, she thought that would be simply too convenient to even begin thinking about. Making reasonably good time she arrived in Med bay about five minutes after leaving her room; she had a purpose for wearing the particular uniform she had chosen, it was the same outfit she had on when she first met Mike at the Alpha site and she had hopes that it might trigger something in him. Getting directions from a Nurse, her next step then was to stand in the Observation Room. She could see Mike, Annie and Carrie in there but she knew he nor they couldn't see her. Seeing that they appeared to be getting ready to leave, Cate stepped back out again so she could casually intercept them outside.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:11:44 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #376 on: July 04, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »

<recovery>

Reese blinked, not believing what she was hearing.  She has never expected such a thank you.  She loves being a doctor and helping others.  She nodded a bit as Mel gripped her arm.  "Thank you so much, Brina.   We are just thankful that you and your little one are safe and healthy."

<Recovery>

"The nurses tell me I and baby will be well enough to return to the village in a few days time, is that true?" Brina tried to give her best pleading smile, she was Athosian, they were tough people and in her heart she felt she could even return now. "The thanks is mine Doctor Prescott, I would not be here if it wasn't for you, both of you and Sunniva. So what do you think? I could go home earlier? Its not that I do not appreciate the company and splendid surroundings here, but I really would feel far better among my own people, do you know what I mean?"

Melinda still holding onto Reese's arm thought about it for a moment. She then released herself to go to the end of the bed so she could read Brina's chart. It was impressive to say the least. "I do Brina. Give us a minute." Mel said going back to Reese then taking her aside. Keeping her voice low she gave her impressions. "Her chart is nothing short of a miracle Reese, no trace of the infection and the same with the bub. All her vitals are in the green, her potassium count is up, as is all her other minerals. God if she were a mare I'd turn her loose into the paddocks now. But its up to you, you have the final say."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »

<Recovery>

Reese smiled. "I can see your point.  Being bed ridden is never enjoyable."  Reese couldn't blame the girl for wanting to get back to her people.  She would be the same way.

She stepped back as Mel tugged her arm and showed her the charts.  Reese still couldn't believe what she was seeing.  "I don't see any reason why we should keep her.  They both seem extremely healthy."  She looked back up at Brina.  "I do believe we'll be able to let you go home today.  I'm sure you know to take it slow still though."

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »

<<Elena from the Quarters to Isolation Ward>>

Russian's routine was quite similar to that of her XO. She just took pause on her way to the quarters due to some unavoidable nature calls suddenly overcoming her completely. Elena did not forget to glare at Cate just in case it was another one of her tricks before slipping into the closest head. That little hold up was enough for Lena to get to the quarters assigned to her and notice from quite afar Rob handing in the room the bags, including hers, and bugger off over the other stairway. Naturally, Ovcharenko knew the emergency code that Cate had on her room so without disturbing the singing contest, she snurched her things and finally hit the shower herself.

Lena rejoined Cate in the Infirmary just a minute or two after her friend made it in there. Redhead now had her fiery red mane loose and cascading down to her shoulders, letting it rest from all the ribbons and ties that held them out of the way during the last few missions. Her clothes were much more comfortable as well - a simple set of field uniform, which may or may not needed a bit of adjustment to sit proper.

"Looks like it went more or less okay, doesn't it?"

((Okay, I can't put two English words together tonight, and if this lame way to bypass having to post in the quarters as well doesn't work - edit it out))
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2018, 03:04:01 AM »

<Recovery>

"I agree Reese. We're only wasting both her time and ours by keeping her here although my heart says its somehow wrong we do need to remember I suppose that the people of this galaxy as human as many of them are, their physiology is sometimes a little in advance of our own. Let's give her the good news."

Brina looked at them longingly when she saw them returning. "You have good news for me? Please tell me so?"

"We do indeed Brina. We have come to the conclusion that you should be sent home, but we do have rules. We will provide you with a radio and we want you to check in with us at least twice a day for the first week. Do think you can manage that?"

Her eyes brightened visibly and before the girls knew it she was throwing the covers off to slip off the bed. "Oh yes, oh yes I can and thank you both!" She gently laid the baby on the bed to hug both of them.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »

<recovery>

Reese nodded.  "There is still much to learn about them.  It's a miracle Brina is as well as she is and the baby is healthy." She would certainly have to do  more research.

She followed Mel back over to Brina, seeing the hope in the young girl's eyes.   A smile touched her ruby lips when Mel gave Brina the good news.  "Hopefully we can get down to see you both as well," she said ad Brina hugged them.  "You take care of yourself and that little one. "

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »

<Recovery>

"Alright then Brina we have a deal. Reese since we can't leave again we should call Major Lorne to do the taxi service this time don't you think?" Mel was thinking ahead, they were going to be busy today with general duties and she had heard they were planning to  move the people from Tamora soon and their animals which meant a lot of work for both departments.

"Should I get dressed now? Are my clothes suitable?" She asked thinking they were somewhat dirty when she came in.

"We'll fix that Brina. How'd you like a set of our clothes to wear?" The loose fitting green onesies would be perfect.

Brina thought for a moment then nodded. "Yes that would do nicely thank you."

@sorra
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2018, 08:33:21 PM »

<recovery>

Reese thought for a minute before nodding.  "That is a good idea.  He'll take extra good care of them." She hated that they couldn't take Brina back themselves.

She hid a giggle behind her hand as Mel suggested scrubs.  Those were always so attractive.  At least they would be clean.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2018, 02:03:21 AM »

<Recovery>

"I'll call him as soon as we have Brina ready and the baby of course. Reese would you like to do that? Bundle our little cherub up ready to travel?" Already Melinda was heading for the change room to grab some clean scrubs, a tee and boots and socks. They already knew Brina's details as that had all been logged when she was admitted.

"What is a cherub?" Brina asked out of curiosity.

From within the room Mel's voice came back. "A baby angel." She was smiling not that anyone could see her. A moment later she reappeared with the pink/maroon scrubs the nurses wore, a pair of standard issue hospital joggers, socks and a white Tee shirt to go under it all. "Hmmm." She thought, looking at their patient, then Reese and herself in the mirror. "She'll need the other items Reese and neither you or I are big enough in one area." Her fingers were pointing to her chest. "The bum we can do. I'm going to see Kelly and ask her if she wants to donate a couple of hers; she's about the same size."

Brina shook her head in laughter. "You two make me smile. I know of what you speak of and you are so kind. Teyla speaks much of the people of Atlantis, it is all true."

"On our day." Mel added. She tapped her coms set. "Major Lorne its Melinda. Would you be available to take Brina and her babe back to the Mainland" After she made that call she was onto Kelly, who had no problems at all donating the required underwear. Mel zipped out for a moment to retrieve two pairs of her best notevenusedyet briefs and soon after that Brina was ready to roll. There was more giggling as Brina was shown how to manipulate the complex Earth garments, that was going to go down in Mel and Reese's memory books.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2018, 03:07:42 PM »

<Isolation Unit>

Mike felt confident enough to assert his desires and set boundaries. That was good.

Annie smiled at him. "Mike it is. How about we get you some house BDUs and then something to eat." She glanced at Carrie. "We should start with something simple, since your diet on the other planet was radically different. Don't want you to get sick. After that, you can be brave if you like, try new things."

She definitely wanted to try him on some of his favorite foods, see if the smells and flavors of those triggered any memories.

< Corridor just outside the Isolation room >

"Sounds like a plan to me" Mike said and looked over att Carrie.
She smiled, “Alright, let’s get going see what we can find then.”
She took point through the door, aiming for the bathroom a little further down the corridor, nodding towards Cate and Lena, “That didn’t take you two very long.” No surprise there though, she’d been more surprised if they hadn’t showed up so soon.
Mike followed suite, but halted for a second in front of them, giving them a hint of a rather embarrassed smile, “Hey… again. I hope you can forgive my actions last time we met.”

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2018, 06:56:21 PM »

<recovery>

Reese grinned broadly.  "Gladly," she answered,  moving to collect the blanket and the cutie that was going to be wrapped in it.  She cooed to  the baby, hoping one day she could be holding her own.

She looked over at Mel, trying hard not to laugh.  "I hadn't thought about that.  Hopefully Kelly doesn't mind." She had a feeling Kelly wouldn't mind at all..

Reese moves over to help Mel and Brina once she was sure the cutie was tucked onto the bed.  It would certainly make for an interesting story.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »

*RADIO*

"I can do that, Doc. I'll head on down to the jumper bay."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2018, 02:51:57 AM »

{Cate SG4}

<Corridor outside isolation>

"More or less Lena but I am still worried. He has zero recall of anything, like as if he was a blank slate and all he knew was from the moment he woke up on Tamora. Now you and I both know from my own experience and from common knowledge typical amnesia patients do have even the vaguest recollections of their life. This is wrong..." She saw movement inside Cate shut her mouth until Carrie, Annie and Mike were outside with them. She gulped, this was ridiculous, to her at least.

"Don't think about it Mike, we just want you back asap." She she be so bold, of course she should. "Carrie, Annie how soon before we can take him back home?" That to her would be where the real healing began.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2018, 02:55:58 AM »

<Recovery>

((OOC sorry in a real rush))

"Copy that Evan, we'll be there in ten." She told him. "Reese help Brina along I'll carry our little treasure and Brina, we will see you again soon." Of course they still had to get down to the Jumper bay.

"Thank you again both for everything."

<<To Jumper bay>>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »

<recovery>

Reese nodded.  "You got it."  She moved over to Brina.  "Alright Brina, let's take it slow.  You're mending well, but you haven't been walking in a while yet," she pointed out, helping the younger woman to keep her balance.  She knew Brina and the baby would still have a long road ahead.

<<To Jumper Bay>
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

lethal-pageant