Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Atlantis: Cafeteria  (Read 8648 times)

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Atlantis: Cafeteria
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »

<Balcony just outside>

Annie inclined her head. "I respect your decision to refuse to consent to alternative methods of treatment. How was your meal?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »

{Cate SG4}

Cate put up a defensive hand, gently. "Mike I understand you, and to be truthful I didn't even want to consider it really. The very thought of it if our positions were reversed, well then since you can't recall what I am like, if you did you'd know that I would tell whoever said it to me to go and...." She placed a hand on his shoulder giving Elle a respectful acknowledgement. "...well you can guess what I'd tell them."

"It wouldn't be pleasant I can assure you Mike." Elle said as she drew protectively close to him.

Shoving her hands in her pocket, Cate took on a more relaxed stance. "Look Mike we're traveling back to Earth in any case, so I'll leave it open. If at any time you feel you can't cope I'll make it so you can contact me at any time." her eyes moved slightly to Elle. "When are you leaving?"

"I told Mike as soon as the formalities are done and that he has spoken to Carrie. So I guess no more than an hour. Annie, you'll be heading back to the SGC as well I take it?"

@NG @Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:31 PM »

<balcony>

Annie nodded to Cate. "Yes, I will also return to Earth. Mike, I understand that small spaces can make you uncomfortable. Returning to Earth will involve some time in a small space. We may need to work on some calming techniques to help you through your journey."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2018, 07:49:43 AM »

< Cafeteria, Balcony just outside >

“As you said, not exactly what I’m used to, but all in all, I liked it.” Mike replied to Annie before turning back to Cate. For some reason, having Elle hovering there made him feel good ad for whatever that gut feeling was worth, it also made him feel more secure than he’d felt for long.
“Good, I’m glad we’ve settled that then.” Getting up from his chair, he got ready to leave, when Annie brought up that little issue of small spaces and his mood plummeted considerably.
“Yeah, we really need to do something about that, wont we? Look, I just need to go see Carrie to help me sort something out back on Tamora, then I’ll come see you and you can tell me more about what you have in mind. Ok?

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2018, 08:31:47 PM »

Annie inclined her head politely. "I am glad you enjoyed your meal, and I respect your decision. If you wish to set your affairs in order on Tamora before returning to Earth, I respect that." She looked at Cate and Elle. "If you need nothing further from me, I'll be in my office."

>>Atlantis Infirmary, Med Bay Level - office>>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:56:42 PM by Bluebell722 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »

{Cate SG4}

It went as well as Cate might have expected it to go, she had though a little more hope that poor Mike might be just a tad more willing on this. But as her mother so often says, 'c'est la vie'. "For now." Cate said with a slightly humorous look on her face. "And since we're leaving very shortly I need to go pack and do my thing, sign whatever paperwork I need to. So I'll see you all in an hour at the Gate Room." Cate felt the need to give both Elle and Mike a hug before trailing after Annie. "Not me Annie, I've had my share of your bedside manner to do me a lifetime." She grinned at the woman then took off before the 'shrink' could Gibbslap her.

"I'm good Annie and thank you so much for all your help." Elle told her as she watched both women leave. Instinctively she looped her arm through Mike's, just as she had done a million times before. "Cate, as wacky as she is Mike, once you remember of course, is one of the best friends you'll find anywhere. She'll stick by you no matter what and you won't do better than that." She breathed in deeply. "We'll work on that, the small spaces. In the meantime we don't need to have you running about, since the place is empty now, I'll call Carrie down." Elle pressed her coms link. "Carrie, it's Elle. Would you mind beaming back down to the Atlantis cafe, Mike needs to speak to you before we leave."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »

Carefully, Mike inched away from Elle. Having her close felt good, but this close? He hardly knew her.
Apparently Carrie had other means of transport, because one moment Elle was talking to her in her radio, the next the woman emerged in a flash of light.
“Whoa! That was…” Mike took a deep breath, “…unexpected.”
“Yeah, I know.” Carrie said with a smile, “and not so cool when you what actually happens to you when you’re in transit, but we’ll leave that for another time and another profession to explain. So,” she gave him a head to toe look, “You wanted to see me?”
“Well, I thought that maybe you could help me sort out a medical problem I saw on Tamora? I figured that since you have the ability to somehow make sure I’m fine and in good health, then maybe you could also help out with this?”
“Sure, I’d be glad to help if I can.” she asked with an interested look and picked up a note pad and a pen. No matter how good those computer pads were, when it came to taking notes, this was still the best way to do things. Old fashioned, yeah maybe, but reliable.

“You see, there is this young boy back on Tamora, about five winters old,” Mike began, “that the village healer, Marill, though very skilled, never has been able to cure completely, merely ease his symptoms from time to time…” and by that he started counting off what he remembered he’d seen and knew about Tinual.

When Carrie skimmed through her notes a few minutes later, she was amazed on how much information Mike had actually given her. He’d never once used Latin, the common language of all medical professions, but still his observations were succinct and to the point and it really gave her an insight of what a brilliant analyst he was.

“So what do you think?” Mike’s voice was eager, “Do you know what’s wrong with him? Do you think you can help him?”
“Yes, I think I’ve got an idea, and if I’m right, then I’m sure we can do something to help him.”
Mike made a ‘move on’-motion with his hand, “Meaning?”
“I haven’t examined him, so I can’t be sure, now can I? But from your description, it sounds like he’s having a congenital heart defect. That means that something in his heart that doesn’t work properly due to something that most likely happened before he was even born…”
“Oh. Sounds complicated.”
Carrie couldn’t help but to grin a little – it was really odd to talk to Mike, the cardio-thoracic surgeon he was supposed to be, like he knew absolutely nothing about this matter, “It could be. But since Tinual has made it so far, I’m leaning towards his condition not being as severe as I know some of these conditions can be. Tell you what – I’ll talk to Dr Jennifer Keller as soon as I can. She’s far more versed in these matters than I am, and I make sure she’ll have a look at him as soon as possible, ok?”
Letting out a small sigh of relief, Mike nodded, “Thank you! I really appreciate this!”
“No problem. Anything else you need before you leave?”
Mike looked at Elle, “No, with this taken care of, I don’t think so?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »

"Interesting." Elle thought when Carrie appeared. Mike's reaction was mild compared to what she thought he may have been a little more taken aback; that he wasn't to her mind was a damned good thing. She wasn't too upset when he moved away; well maybe a little she might have been.

The medical talk of course went right over her head. She was though heartened to know that Mike's caring nature was still in play, obvious by his concern for the boy. If there was anything she could do herself that was going to ensure Jennifer got on top of this. That reminded Elle as well, where was the good doctor? She hadn't seen her for quite some time, the last she knew was Jen was off world somewhere. In the end it came down to nothing more than her word, she felt relieved. "That is as they say, a wrap. We can be back home, your home Mike in less than ten minutes and I promise you I will be with you all the way. I could say that we've even had kids go through the Stargate, but then again kids are adrenaline junkies anyway. So...ready?" Elle gave Carrie a thankful smile, reaching out for her arm and giving it a small squeeze.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2018, 03:12:08 PM »

Mike nodded, “Yes, I guess I am as ready as I’ll ever be,” although his entire composure said he was far from it, but as the situation was, he knew he had no alternative than to tag along.
Carrie pulled in Elle in a hug, “Take care now and keep me appraised, alright?” before looking back at Mike. As she’d said to Annie, sometimes that man really was as easy to read as an open book.
“You’ll be fine, ok? Work with Elle and Annie and I’m very confident that you’ll get back to your old self.”
Slipping a deep sigh, Mike gave her another nod, “Yeah, I hope so.” Shifting back to Elle, he said, “No point in avoiding the inevitable, lead the way.”

>> Mike and Elle to Mike’s house in the suburbs of Colorado Springs, via Gate rooms in Atlantis and SGC >>

>> Carrie to Infirmary and then up to the Dreadnought >>

*Time bubble is broken*

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]