Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Atlantis: Cafeteria  (Read 15615 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Atlantis: Cafeteria
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »

"Listen, you think you know what you're up against, but those are famous last words where I'm from." Jason said brusquely. "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail, just like my old football coach said when I was in high school."

"This isn't idle talk, this is actual strategy. And speaking of contribution..." AJ took a breath. "Mister Woolsey, I'm likely violating a few rules, but you need to, after this is over, contact Andrew Pierce at the Gamma Site. Probably also whoever is above him with Research & Development and whatnot. You need to request that the X-307 Project be relocated to Atlantis."

"Wait, Andrew Pierce? Isn't he your in-law?" Jason asked.

"Yes. He's been heading up an advanced weapons development project, the X-307 is the culmination of that. It is, without a doubt, our most recent and advanced fighter craft, incorporating technologies that individually are powerful, but together, might help us to better understand the Ancient Drone Weapon system. And eventually replicate it. He has 7 prototypes, plus another 3 under construction. The Vanir have absolutely no way of knowing yet of the X-307, and we'd need a means to ship them over, but we could use the edge they can bring us. The Vanir will likely surprise us, it's only right we surprise them." The Marine Aviator said.

"Lady's got a point. We're dealing with guys who have both Asgard and Ancient tech, likely had some time to find some new combos we don't know about. That means that all the tech we usually have the advantage with isn't going to get us that same edge with. No offense to you, buddy," Jason glanced at Todd, "But you've got the worst of it because they've likely tailored themselves to killing you guys. Might be time to change it up, y'know?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2019, 08:30:15 PM »

"Larrin as Mister Hunter has pointed out we need a plan. You've already lost some good people with this Vanir haven't you? There's no need and no justification to simply throw yourself head first into the face of the enemy unless you know you are going to survive. He'll just keep coming back time and again until there is nothing left of us to fight back." While he wasn't a military strategist he had learned some good lessons under the tutelage of Jack O'Neill and John Sheppard.

Todd was surprised, he never took the man in the suit for anything but that. "Wise words. Even my people will not go into battle unless we are sure the odds are in our favor, we're not suicidal."

A slight look of confusion crept over Richard's features. "X-307? Isn't that an advancement on our 302's? I recall being vaguely briefed on it. How many do we have now that would benefit us and are we merely talking about continuing the development here?" Unusual although he could see the merit in it.

Todd grunted something inaudible at Hunter. "We've not been laxed in that direction, our Darts have been upgraded twice in the last year and I must tell you all now, these Vanir or their clones don't have much stomach for fighter engagements, unless they can swarm you, they will pull back quickly if you gain control around their ships. The biggest advantage over us was in boarding our ships, they do that with apparent ease and I'd like to know how despite our best efforts in repelling them. I will add as I said earlier, if not for those weapons you provided I'd not be here with you now." The strange woman with the upturned ears took his interest at that juncture. "Is this not something that goes against your ethos El'Dari? Fighting your own kin?" He was suspicious by nature, Todd wasn't going to let that fact escape him.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »

*Two hours later*

Unlike a similar meeting that was taking place at the same time back home on Earth, the Atlantis meeting was cordial and to the point. There was no argument whatsoever, with everyone working on the same page; the defeat of the Vanir. During the meeting Sunnva arrived with her promised support and she added that along with the twelve ships she had brought with her, another five were coming from their Milky Way base. That in itself brought another helping hand with her contacting the small fleet while it was en route to pick up the F-307 aircraft from the Gamma base along with the leader of the project Commander Andrew Pierce (ret'd) and his daughter, Jack's sister Haley. Using the Super Gate they would arrive in approximately 18-20 hours.

The Alliance of humans, Wraith, Travelers and El'Dari was sealed and delivered with the focus then being on when and where to hit first. None of them were against a pre-emptive strike and the last thing on the agenda was laying out the plans for a direct attack on the Tallellinian Sector Vanir home base. As soon as the two current missions were completed a fleet would be assembled near to the El'Dari homeworld, that being the closest to Tallellinian.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »

For Todd he found something now of a common bond, one that even aside the last alliance in fighting the Asurans had brought together an even more powerful group of beings who might normally be pointing a weapon at one another, or more rightly at him. "I have contacted every Hive I know and then the message has been passed on. Even those who do not see eye to eye with my philosophy won't refuse now, so it is we may expect to see some of the oldest of my race appear from hibernation. Whether that is a good thing or not we shall see. Woolsey-" His deep voice rumbled. "-with your permission may I contact my ship via your communications and have them meet me at the El'Dari Home world, that is I assume Lady Sunniva I'll be traveling with you from here?"

"Of course." They were committed as one now. "You know where it is and I'm sure one of our SF's will tag along with you Todd, if only to give you some company." And they say he never had a funny bone.

"Very well then. We have much to do, is there anything we've not covered?" Generally there might always be an afterthought, the pause gave them time to reflect on this.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2019, 03:16:21 AM »

Dorestinya was relieved for the conclusion of the meeting to retake her command on the Telperion for the upcoming battle; while Sunniva held council with the other races in the Ancient city. A strange notion crossed her mind in thinking that thought, Atlantis was somewhat older than Glaðsheimr by only a few thousand years, yet in comparison the El'Dari city felt much older. "I believe we have covered everything Richard, we'd be only going over the same ground if we continued." She turned to Todd, looking at him squarely. "Indeed you shall. We will leave in say an hour?"

Larrin was feeling marginally better now about having been here, for at least now she knew where everyone stood. "I will do the same Woolsey with your permission. I'll have one ship come to pick me up and send the rest to the El'Dari world. It is time we put an end to this nightmare."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »

Juliette headed for the cafeteria. She had them cook up a nice juicy burger, added lettuce, tomato and pickles and covered it with mustard, ketchup and mayo with lots of fries and sat down at one of the empty tables, waving in invitation for other people to come and join her. She didn't want to eat alone. She thought of Rodney McKay and decided that Jennifer Keller must have the patience of a saint.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:40:24 AM by Robert Laurel »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]