Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis: Research Laboratory B - Doctor R. Zelenka  (Read 3411 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Research Laboratory B - Doctor R. Zelenka
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »

| Tables, chairs, computers and other techie stuff belonging to the head of Engineering |
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:52:42 PM by Mandi »

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: Research Laboratory B - Doctor R. Zelenka
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:47 AM »

<<from Cafeteria>>

Juliet walked in fast paced, and immediately went for her tablet, she hooked it up the the lab's network and downloaded all she could find on the repository about that ship Mitchell mentioned.
"Hm, if I were still working with McKay, I could have never done something like this, and I would be in trouble....
Now, for the rest of the equipment....."

She turned her head left and right, scanning the entire room, and then finally she noticed it: under a table, right next to the door, a black backpack with the standard diagnostic tools ready for any kind of emergency offworld mission.
"Thanks ... I think I owe you another one...." she whispered, and then she heard a beeping sound from her tablet, downolad completed.
She took the jacket she had left in the lab, put the tablet in the backpack, and headed to the the gateroom more relaxed then she was before. After all, there still was time.

>> to the Gateroom>>

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 251
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Research Laboratory B - Doctor R. Zelenka
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:35 AM »

<<From Cafeteria via rooms>>

When Woolsey told you to do something, he meant immediately. But for any woman, she will not take another step before she has changed and showered. This Mel did in record time, now wearing the base uniform grey with her Danish flag proudly displayed on her left shoulder. The moment she left her room, she ran to meet with the others.

"This afternoon before dinner?" That was already in her head as she was speaking to him about Melman and Gloria. Sure she was worried about them, but Mel knew in her heart they'd find the little rascals, that or they'd wander back to her lab on their own eventually, they always did. Taking a transporter was not something she often did, preferring to make a run almost everywhere she went, this case though called for a speedier outcome as Woolsey could be prickly when things didn't go according to his commands. Finally they were outside Radek's lab, though the man himself wasn't present: Mel bent to the floor where she had cleaned up the mess, then went on her knees to make sure. "Yeah, it still stinks a little I should have used disinfectant. I can tell you though, the big end of the puddle was here..." She pointed next to her knee. "...and it dribbled off in that direction." Her index finger pointed southwards along the passageway.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:18:09 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »

At the suggestion of the appointment for the sparring match, Ronon shrugged indifferently. He didn't much care when she wanted to do it; it wasn't as though he had a full schedule at the moment. "Works." he knelt beside Melinda, the distinctive musky odor of the capybaras obvious to his nose. Without a word he straightened and walked a few steps one way, then the other, following the faint scent trail as it wandered away from the lab.

He peered around a corner, noticing a barely noticeable oily residue on the edge of the wall. He bent down and touched it, bringing his fingers back to his nose; one of the capybaras had rubbed against the wall as they'd gone by. He motioned for Melinda to follow. "They went this way."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »

Was she setting herself up for a fall? Well she'd soon find out the moment the two of them started with those sticks of Teyla's. Not that she had any thoughts at all of beating Ronon, he could turn her over his knee without even blinking...but then she was a women and with that species came cunning and trickery. Mel could use that. Like a happy puppy on the trail of goodies she followed behind the big man, watching his back and the way he moved as she did so, he was the epitome of a hunter and that boded well for her.

As she drew near to him, Mel noticed that they had passed one of the divisions in the hallway, an odd observation to be true and she shrugged at the mere passing of it. "They are fast Ronon when they have a scent. Unlike their earthly cousins, these are not really rodents, they just look like them. They're omnivores and have an appetite for bugs and rodents as well as fish. I do hope they're not heading to the lower levels."

Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »

*radio*

"Ronon, Doctor Olofsson. I'm sending Miss Teyanos down to assist you."

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »

More time would have yielded more for Giulia to study the wreck back on the planet, lamenting the events that led her first real off world mission coming to an abrupt end was not going to change events.

Instead Giulia sat in her allocated workspace in Zelenka's lab, as a member of his team, working on what she did manage to observe and collect in her lone exploration before Jardine called on her.

Focused on what she was working on, Giulia didn't really register any sounds going on just outside the lab at first till she heard a crackle of radio, though she didn't hear what was said.

Getting from her chair, Giulia went over to the lab door and looked down the corridor, walked out and down it till she spotted Ronon and her recent mission companion.

" Mel? You are still searching for them? "

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

When Mel heard that familiar voice behind her she turned and spoke without even thinking about it "Si come sto impazzendo adesso Giulia!" Her face blushed knowing Ronon would have thought she was actually crazy. "Can you join us? Mr Woolsey is sending down that lady we met back on the planet as well....God! I am so worried about them now."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:59 AM »

At Woolsey's communication, Ronon felt one eyebrow raise slightly of its own accord. Huh. Interesting. He keyed the mic open to give an acknowledgement- mainly because it was expected. "Understood. We'll wait here."

He looked over his shoulder at the unfamiliar voice, but immediately recognized the engineer by face, if not by name. One of Zelenka's, obviously, and if memory served she had a bit of a spat going with McKay. He almost smiled. Had to give her a measure of respect for that. Melinda lapsed into another language for a moment and immediately turned a most extraordinary shade of pink before switching back to English, and inwardly Ronon sighed as he turned back to the trail. Maybe that sparring session isn't such a great idea, he thought. I sense ulterior motives.

It wasn't that Melinda was unattractive; far from it. But she was a peer, in an abstract sense, and having been on and in Atlantis for as long as he had, he knew how things worked. Rumors spread like wildfire, and everyone eventually knew everyone else's business. It was something he tried to avoid, although the Lanteans seemed to revel in it.

He ignored the two girls chatting and continued to prowl the area, narrowing down the trail as they waited for Teyanos. He suspected that she'd want to chat with him about his pulse pistol, as it had obviously caught her attention in Woolsey's office, and he intended to delay that conversation for as long as possible.

Having done about as much as he could for now, he leaned against the wall negligently and idly listened to the biologist and the engineer as they talked.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »

A small inoffensive laugh came from Guilia, before sighing a little remembering a similar incident from her past involving a hamster.

"I suppose I should, I must confess that it has been hard to concentrate knowing they are scurrying somewhere around the laboratory."

Brushing some hair that had fallen across her face, Giulia glanced back the way she had came and then back again, watching Ronon for a few moments then brought back her attention to Mel.

" I didn't manage to get a lot anyway from our mission, I hope not all of them get cut so short. I didn't get as much has I liked, but I did manage to have a look around once you left to see this new guest.  "

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:03:12 PM »

She comes to the lab the three are in and looks at the door in front of her. No handle like the ancient ones on her planet. No apparent sensors. But the panel on the side looks vaguely like her own back home so she places a hand over it and feels her insides jump a little as the door opens. She takes a step inside and finds three familiar faces standing there.

"It seems the good leader has deemed fit to at least assist in the recapture of your ... " She nods towards the girls, not able to remember the name of the creatures. She'd been too occupied  with fear at being sent back home by Woolsey at the time.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »

So they waited and as usual Mel felt awkward since she wasn't all that used to having company, not this much anyway. It wasn't as if she was a loner, its just her job being the only 'animal' life science officer in the city came with its downside; that being some of her alien animal friends had a distinct odor and there times she to carried that odor with her. Mel herself never noticed, you wouldn't if you spent the best part of your everyday in that lab among the 'specimens' as McKay referred to them as. At least she gave Ronon a polite 'thank you'.

Now with two others and one more soon to join them, she began to feel not exactly anxious, more like she was standing naked in the middle of a street with hundreds of people staring at her. Of course that was something she had to get over and she did, more often than not. Still it was a little uncomfortable. "They're not a lot of trouble really Julia. The worst thing they might do is find somewhere warm to sleep, then snore very loudly. That or make funny little grunting noises when they...." Mel stopped there, no need for an information overload. "I only wish we could have stayed, those elephant like creatures were fascinating."

She was about to start on with the possibilities that could be found on a planet like that, when the city's new 'guest' arrived and for Mel it was another moment of awkwardness as she still didn't really know the woman's name. "We're calling them capybaras for the moment simply because they resemble those we have back home. But I have yet to nail down their genus at this point ma'am." She went with common courtesy for now. "They're really more closely related to dogs and cats if that has any meaning to you...oh and thank you for joining us to." That didn't hurt to add.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:07 PM »

Giulia shrugged a little, both of them had things they had wanted to pursue back on the planet, but there was little sense in lamenting too much over the abruptly short mission. Right now they had other things to pursue.

When there guest arrived, Giulia took her appearance in more, she hadn't paid too much back on the planet as they headed back to the gate. She listened to Mel, a still not completely convinced that these creatures were not harmless, maybe not in the way that they might attack or anything but if they choose the wrong place to sleep chaos could ensue.

Once Mel had finished talking, Giulia approached and offered her hand.

"Yes, thank you for assisting us. We were not introduced earlier, I'm Doctor Giulia Montale. Where shall we start."

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 09:09:58 PM »

Ashtah nods her gratitude towards the animal healer for the proper name - or at least one they will be using - for the creatures. She's quite certain that calling them 'creature' would be offensive. At least to the healer. Having been in the position she had been back home, she'd learned a great deal about reading people and their reactions to different situations. It was clear that the woman was uncomfortable for some reason, though she isn't certain why. If she had come here of her own accord, she may have felt guilty, but she'd been asked to join them and therefore has no reason to feel guilt. But she does make a note to be careful around the woman. Polite, but not intrusive.

The other one, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind her presence at all, even offering her hand. This time she doesn't hesitate and takes the woman's hand, giving it a firm squeeze, accompanied by a smile.

"Ashtah Teyanos. You may call me Ashtah." She finally divulges her name to them. No point in getting around it at this point. "I apologise for dancing around the subject earlier, but I wasn't sure if it was safe." That's all they needed to know. She didn't get the impression that these women held the same authourity as Woolsey. Besides. There was something to be said about earned trust. They had not as of yet earned all of hers (though their leader had gone a long way towards that goal), nor had she earned any of theirs.

"If I were to have some information on these capybaras; what they look like, their habits, even a scent, that would lend a great amount of help in my helping track them down." She states, looking between the three present. She suspects Ronon might be able to help her far more than the other two. At least when it comes to tracking.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »

Ronon meets Ashtah's gaze and nods in greeting, acknowledging their earlier, brief introduction. "Ronon Dex. And they went this way," he added, indicating the slight oily mark on the wall and the direction of the faint scent trail he had found. "Might be able to smell them; they tend to be musky." He motions toward Melinda. "She can tell you all about them."

With that, he turned and started following the trail. He'd like to get the critters collected as soon as possible; that is, if they were even successful at finding them. With their luck they'd already be back in their pen taking a nap as the four of them wandered the city looking.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

lethal-pageant