Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Mainland  (Read 5104 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: The Mainland
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »

"Hmm. Maybe if we had two firing at once. But good to know. Alright, let's try the Fifty Cal now, and then we'll try something with the grenade launchers. Then we'll pack it in, unless either of your Docs want to try out my SCAR." She said, referring to the Mk. 17 still on her back. She headed over to the large bolt action rifle on the tarp. removing the Mk. 17 from her back to set it aside.

"Oh. You guys are totally going to want your ear protection for this. And yeah, you will feel the shockwave from this going off. Won't blow you away but may give you a weird feeling in your gut for a second. It's pretty cool." Michelle said with an even wider grin before she turned her cap around backwards and pulled her ear protection back on.

She laid down prone with the rifle, picking up one of the large 5 round magazines and rocked it into place. Then she worked the bolt forward to cycle a round into the chamber, rotating the bolt handle down to lock the bolt into position, and pulled the rifle into her shoulder.

After that, she peered through the powerful Leopuld scope, putting the crosshairs on the target. At this range, the shot was child's play for her and this rifle. The Canadians used it in Afghanistan to land shots out to 2430 meters, the longest recorded sniper kill from 2002 to 2009 when a British corporal with an L115A3 in .338 Lapua Magnum hit out to 2475 meters. And one day, she hoped to get on that list too. Better still if she topped the 1920m shot by a certain Chief Petty Officer peer of hers...

She thumbed the safety off and took in a breath, letting it out slowly as she pulled her finger back to the break weight of the McMillan rifle...

Even Ronon was impressed by the massive report from the rifle. It was almost like a small explosion, and he did feel the shockwave of it, and just like she said, it was a weird sensation in his gut area mostly. He was going to have to ask Sheppard where all these good weapons were hiding from him, clearly humans had a better understanding of firepower than he had given them credit for...

The massive .50 BMG round hit the shield, and there was a noticeable ripple, but surprising still was that the shield didn't stop the bullet, rather it absorbed the impact and tried to act against the velocity to stop it. It was much easier to see with the larger round, and through the scope, Michelle could see the round trying to force its way through, before it got through but fell well short with most of its energy depleted.

Michelle opened the bolt but did not cycle a second round in. Instead, she removed her ear protection and looked up at Zelenka.

"Did you see that? That's why energy weapons are more effective, I think that thing is trying to actually stop the bullet. That'd explain the lack of any sort of ricochet or deflection, I bet if you guys had looked when that Vanir had attacked, you'd find every single round Sheppard and the others fired all over the floor."

"That's not news, is it?" Ronon asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2018, 11:05:47 PM »

*Radio*

"Doors are open Doctor McKay, you are clear to land."

@Teddy
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »

Zelenka

Radek moved a little closer to the force shield and looked around it

"Yes yes, you are correct, it appears to cushion the ammunition as opposed to deflection, so,  continuous firing from our...He was about to use the name that McKay had given the weapon and stopped himself"....I will not use that stupid name,  but the  hybrid should help clear a path for the bullets"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »

Reese watches in disbelief.  She had never seen anything quite like the weapons Michelle was demonstrating.  "Wow! I've never seen anything like those before." She didn't want to think about the damage they could do.  As a doctor that was always her first concern.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »

"Well. I think that was the most informative part about this. Assuming we can get enough of those attached to our weapons, we should be in good shape. Armor itself isn't a problem, but I'd say we probably have all the data we're going to get." Michelle said, standing up.

"So. Hey. How are we getting back with the ship gone?" Ronon asked.

"...oh for the love of...he's right. We're gonna need a beam over or someone has to send him back here." Michelle replied.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »

McKay

Zelenka

*radio*

Radek, Shepperd is sending a jumper for you, I want you to get back here and  finish the weapon off, it shouldn't take long, I've done most of the work"

*radio*

"Understood Rodney"

He turned to Ronon
"Well, that seems to be sorted now"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2018, 12:24:45 AM »

"I guess so." Ronon said with a shrug, before glancing to Michelle, "Can I..."

"Oh, yeah, knock yourself out." Michelle replied. While Michelle still watched the shield, Ronon spent the time firing the remaining .50BMG rounds that she had brought along. By that time, the Jumper landed.

Once settled down, Sheppard lowered the ramp and made his way out to rejoin the others.

"...bring enough weapons, Lieutenant?" Sheppard asked.

"Had to do some proper science, sir." Michelle replied with a bit of a grin.

"I like the way she does science. I thought you said it was all just a lot of math and big words." Ronon commented, already loading some of the weapons into the Jumper.

"That is not science, Chewie. Also, who brought a Fifty Cal?" Sheppard asked. Michelle's eyes practically lit up when Sheppard threw out Ronon's nickname.

"She wanted to see what it did with the shield. Pretty cool. Also, my gun still tops what you humans have, so I'd say I learned a lot." Ronon quipped.

"Yes, sir. Very informative information. Thanks to Doctor Zalenka for making sure we have some valuable data and Doctor Prescott for keeping us from getting hurt." Michelle said, "Also, sir, did you call him Chewie? As in Chewbacca? As in..."

"Yeah. But only I get to call him that. Because...well, I said so." Sheppard said, helping to load the remaining gear aboard the Jumper.

"You can call me that too. I don't get it, but figure since you let me shoot your rifle, fair's fair." Ronon said with a grin.

It was clear that the SEAL was about half a second away from making a "squee" noise, being a huge sci-fi nerd herself. She and Deuce would drive the rest of Mako absolutely nuts talking over lore for hours on end, to say nothing of the various American and Greek teams they had already driven insane doing so back at Souda Bay.

"Yeah, well, I didn't just come to play soccer mom because I was bored. Rhiase and Todd are in orbit to meet with us aboard the Dreadnought. Radek, you're going to take over for Rodney since I'm grabbing him. Ronon, Hanley, and Reese, you're with me. I want you guys sitting in for obvious reasons. Hanley since you're taking point on the tactical matters, Reese since you're Medical, Rodney because he needs to present the new weapon info, and Ronon because I don't like Rhiase." Sheppard explained.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »

Reese blinked in shock.  "Seriously? He took the jumper?" She shook her head a bit.  That didn't seem right at all.

Before she could really complain though a jumper showed up with Sheppard at the helm.  And Chewie? Now she was confused.  Of course she hadn't worked with any of them much.  She nodded a bit as she listened to Sheppard.  "Of course, sir.  I'll be there. "

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2018, 03:29:19 PM »

"Alright, let's get going. We'll pick up Rodney and head straight up there. We'll leave the firepower behind, though." Sheppard said.

"My day was going so well, right up until you said her name. You sure I can't bring one of these?" Michelle asked as she took a seat up near the front.

"I don't get why we're dealing with her. They're going to make us do all the fighting, Sheppard. Just like with the Replicators." Ronon commented, heading up to the cockpit.

"Yeah, well, you can bring that up to her, then." Sheppard said. He waited for the others to get on board before closing the ramp and flying back to Atlantis.

>To Atlantis Jumper Bay>
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]