Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Mainland  (Read 10651 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: The Mainland
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2017, 02:17:46 AM »

<<To Atlantis Jumper Bay>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2018, 11:08:48 PM »

<<From Atlantis>>

The little ship arced over the city before turning south west for the mainland, it was always a thrilling view so Melinda soared over the eastern side she noticed some crew around one of the 401's. That made her heart ache a little as she was well overdue herself to get her hours up on that bird. Longingly she looked at the aircraft wishing she was with them. Still their job at hand was just as important. "How you doing Radek?" She asked him knowing his apprehension with flying. A thought occurred to her. "Reese do you think Brina is okay? I kind of feel bad about leaving her with Kelly. I mean Kelly is great but she is busy as always..." She had no need to worry of course it was just her nature.

@Teddy @sorra

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

<<from Atlantis>>

Reese was starting to enjoy the puddle jumpers.  They were a great way to get around,  she thought about Mel's question.   "I don't know Kelly real well but I have a feeling that Brina is in good hands.   Not to mention I think Sunniva made sure Brina and the baby will be okay."

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »

<<From Atlantis>>

Zelenka

He turned to look at Melinda and grinned

"I feel fine, do not worry, it is not the flying that worries me, it's the crashing into the sea, not that you would do that........I hope"

He gave her a half nervous smile

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

Doing a good job of multi-tasking Melinda slowly brought the little Jumper down low near the main village but not too close as to alarm the Athosians. While focusing on that she was talking with her eyes in front watching for any obstacles that might hinder their landing. "I hope so, but you are right about one thing Reese, without Sunniva's help I know we would have lost Brina and perhaps even the baby...I wonder if she has chosen a name yet?" She was still musing when very softly almost a whisper she added. "...such a shame about the father. Didn't Teyla mention he died or was killed or something?" Mel felt extremely sad about that.

"Fortunately Doctor.." She had to focus. If Radek thought dropping into the water was a problem, he'd been lucky that he wasn't with her on her second Jumper flight when she misjudged the height and almost broke the thing when she landed all so heavily. "...I have my Danish silver star in life saving." He couldn't see her face but she was grinning like the proverbial Chesire cat. Deftly she did manage to land safely without even so much as a bump. Activating the rear door let in the fresh smell of sea and forest.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »

Reese shrugged a shoulder.   "We'll have to ask her when we get back."  She was excited to meet Brina in better circumstances and find out the baby's name.  She frowned slightly.  "I do believe she mentioned that.  Is that a normal thing here?" She asked.  Reese was still learning things.

She smiled at Radek.   "I don't think she'll purposely crash us," she chuckled.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!Teddy is a rising star!
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »

Zelenka

Radek began to relax a little as they  prepared to land

"Wonderful, I can swim like a brick, so we are a good match"

He smiled  and looked over to Reece

"That is good to know, I think"

Radek remembered the last time he had come over to the mainland, it was an over nighter, it was with Ronon, that was a joyous occasion, NOT, Ronon was not a happy chappy, Ronon was a very scary chappy when not happy, he was glad to have finally left

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:16:50 PM by Teddy »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2018, 10:26:54 PM »

"Hopefully that won't take too long. Sunniva did promise to meet us out here with perhaps some fancy way to deal with these weeds...I hope the El'Dari don't use any kind of toxic weed killer though." That last part was a thought spoken aloud. "I couldn't imagine them doing so could you?" Generally speaking it was unthinkable after all the Athosians had been through. "It did get me thinking, knowing how her people like to use names of people who have done good by them and all, I mean something like Reese Melinda might sound kind of strange wouldn't it?" Now she was really reaching for it, the thought made her chuckle just a bit.

"Really Doctor Zelenka, I would have thought by this time on Atlantis swimming lessons would have been mandatory being surrounded by water and all." She was naturally half joking but then in her seven months here four personnel had to be pulled out after falling off a pier and to find out even Ronon couldn't swim came as a shock to her. Maybe something should be done about it.

Melinda left her seat gathering her pack as she moved to the rear. Once outside she took a deep breath. For even though they were only here a few hours ago, the closed in air of the city made you long for the outdoors, at least for her it did.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »

Reese tilted her head a bit.  "That doesn't sound like something they would do.  I am curious what she has in mind to help."  She wrinkled her nose.  "I think that could be a bit odd.  We'll just have to ask Brina when we return."

Reese grabbed her own pack, handing a granola bar to her friend as they stepped off.  "And to make you feel better Radek,  I don't swim too well  myself. "

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2018, 06:35:47 AM »

Zelenka

Radek got from his seat and as he did he spoke, answering both the girls

"Looks like that is three of us for lessons, anyone know if Atlantis has a swimming pool.................and the big one surrounding it does not count"

He smiled and pushed his glasses along the bridge of his nose

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2018, 12:55:48 AM »

"Three and more." Melinda corrected Radek. "You two and anyone else I can find in the city who can't swim more than a few meters without dog paddling and that includes Ronon. That what I said earlier Radek about my certificate back home, I wasn't joking." She grinned. "Living by the sea I've been swimming for as long as I can recall, in fact where I live it was compulsory from Kindergarten to know how to swim." So she at least had two volunteers for her plans, as for a pool, she recalled there was a rather large pond off the river not far from the village, they the Athosians often swam there themselves so it would be ideal.

Looking back at Reese she shrugged. "I'm sure they wouldn't. It makes me wonder though with them being so advanced just how they would go about it. Although Sunniva said she would 'show' the Athosians how to get rid of it." They would have to ask Brina of course, it was something though she could imagine the young woman to do, it would be a little embarrassing though.

Hoisting her pack Melinda set off for the village at a reasonable pace, she wasn't intending for them to be out her by nightfall, but if that happened it happened. "You know I am getting hungry again, thanks Reese." She took the energy bar thankfully, tearing the end off the wrapper to take a decent bite, but her manners got in the way. "We should share it."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:25:37 PM by Mim »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »

Reese pursed her lips.  "Now wait a minute.  Who said I wanted to learn to swim?" She asked.   If she was honest water always scared her a bit.  It was just so powerful.

Reese walked beside her friend as they hiked toward the city.   "It will be interesting to see what Sunniva does." She was also curious to see what Brina names her sweet daughter.   She shook her head.  "I'm fine.  Go head."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »

The two El'Dari  women appeared in a cleared field just nearby the village with Sunniva's keen eyes surveying the area immediately. She could see off in the distance on the opposite end of the settlement the Puddle Jumper used by the Melinda, Reese and Doctor Zelenka. They weren't that far way.

There were a few Athosians about here and there, most of those she could see were in the fields or heading with washing to some nearby stream. They appeared to be safe, even though sprinkled about Sunniva could clearly see the noxious and most poisonous weed in question growing here and there. The attraction for the unknowing was the beautiful blue flowers it produced, while they in themselves were harmless, it was the thorns on the stems that did the damage. "We have a lot to do Kara, luckily the season is right and the plant has not yet gone to seed. Come, let us find our friends from Atlantis, their ship is not far away." She set off at a good pace, seeing the women in question  and Radek behind the Jumper as they drew closer.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:32 PM »

Kara bowed her head slightly with a nod and followed her. When they appeared in the middle of the glade in a flash of light, it was like coming out of a dream into another dream. As Sunniva glided away in a hurry, Kara looked up and sniffed the air. It was different. A bit salty. They were on an large island.

Quickly, she caught up with her and stayed beside her with her head down slightly. Keeping on guard, she would have to expect something rather unexpected. Although, chances of that were low. Keeping her long silence, she waited her turn to speak.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2018, 06:36:23 AM »

Zelenka

Radek looked around, it had been a while since he had been on the mainland, it was good to stand on firm land, not that Atlantis wasn't firm, just that it wasn't  on land, and to get out of the lab and see trees and flowers instead of the so called 'aesthetically pleasing' decor.

He noticed people approaching, they didn't seem familiar, tho, to be honest, he didn't really know anyone on the mainland, he turned to Melinda

"I believe we have company coming, do you know them? And, is their a specific reason why we are here?"

He coulldn't believe he hadn't asked this before
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:40:19 AM by Teddy »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

lethal-pageant