Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The Mainland  (Read 4381 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: The Mainland
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »

Reese enjoyed watching the kids.  Things were settling down a bit and thanks to Sunniva, Brina and her baby were safe.    It was also good to hear that at least some races still showed hospitality.

She groaned.  "Yes it would be nice to have her back soon." They had a lot on their plates right now and could use the extra hand again.  She moved to sit down, feeling a bit worn out now.   She chose to just listen as the others talked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2018, 09:18:42 PM »

<Jumper 6>

"Ah yes, your entertainment media, I am only slightly familiar with it Doctor. It may or may not surprise you to learn that both your radio and televised broadcasts are captured in the vastness of space and although my own race has only recently returned to your galaxy many of those we are familiar of have told of your transmissions. Albeit as expected they do take many years to reach the eyes and ears of the galactic viewers." That was about as much as you might hear spoken from Sunniva in a day, normally thrifty with her words unless she has something relevant to say. She joined the others in the forward cockpit sitting behind Radek.

Mel looked back at Reese, gave her the thumbs up then closed the rear door as soon as Kara was in. "Hopefully she's sorted out those problems with the people she had to visit, I understand they were once friends of the Genii until recently." She gave the controls all her concentration, literally 'thinking' to herself 'take off' and that is exactly what the jumper did, lifting off smoothly to head back to Atlantis.

<<To Atlantis>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »

< Jumper Six >

Entering the Puddle Jumper and sitting down, Kara frowned and stared at Zelenka with confusion. She had no idea what he was talking about. Opening her mouth, she hesitated trying to figure out what she should say and inquired, "Who is Fox Mulder?"

Sunniva was half right. Kara did indeed hear the transmissions, she was just too busy going about her duty to even bother listening to them all. Exhaling a sigh, she wished they were at Atlantis already. She was slowly growing agitated in the small quarters of the Puddle Jumper with a lot of people talking.

<< To Atlantis >>
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:12:24 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2018, 09:14:42 AM »

Zelenka

Radek looked around at Kara and grinned

"A  man who was relentless in his pursuit of the unexplained"

He felt that was all that was needed to be said as the jumper took off and headed for Atlantis

<<<<Atlantis>>>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »

>jumper 6>

Reese thought for a minute.   "I think You're right.  Guess that is quite important." It would be good to have Jennifer back though.  She settled back for the journey back to Atlantis.

<<to Atlantis>>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »

<From Atlantis>

"I have to admit, I didn't get to see the Mainland when we showed up on Atlantis. Should probably some familiarization of the place at some point." Michelle commented.

"What did you do?" Ronon asked from one of the cockpit seats.

"Showed up, got settled in, went to go shoot at the Rebel Genii. Not too unusual for us, all things considered." Michelle replied, chuckling.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »

<< from Atlantis >>

Reese looked around with a smile.   "The Mainland is gorgeous and the people are extremely friendly," she chimed in , overhearing Michelle.  She just wished one of these times she could come and visit instead of being on a mission.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.Teddy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »

McKay

McKay chimed in, keeping his eyes   facing front

"It's like any other mainland, green, brown,  a smattering of colour,with a collection of humans, nothing to see here...anyway, there's the LZ",  He emphasized the letters, and grinned smugly,"See, I picked up a little jargon"

Radek rolled his eyes and muttered

"Just land already, Rambo"

Mckay turned  to face Radek and glared at him for a few seconds, which Radek ignored, then pointed

"Your'e veering"

McKay looked startled and looked back through the screen, he corrected the course slightly and proceeded to land in a huge space surrounded by trees.

"Ok troops, we are here"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:10:49 AM by Teddy »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!Cipherhornet18 is leading the good life!
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2018, 12:52:32 AM »

"Well, look at you, keeping up with OPSEC, like you've been riding with us in DEVGRU. But you better set us down PDQ so we can get Oscar-Mike to the AO. KSK, ETAK, NAVSPECWAR, FTW TTYL LOL." Michelle said, barely able to keep a straight face.

She then turned back to their new arrival, "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. Kind of rude of me." She said, finally breaking up laughing a little before extending an Oakley gloved hand.

"Okay, how much of that nonsense you just said actually meant anything?" Ronon asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Oh, it meant stuff, just nothing related. Relax, Doc, I'm just giving you a hard time. Besides, it's not exactly like you're Mister Personable. You were quiet as hell during the Genii op, now you're back to what everyone says you're like." Michelle said, pre-empting the argument.

As soon as they set down, Ronon and Michelle began to gather up the weapons and ammo that weren't already on Michelle's person.

"Y'all are going to want the ear and eye protection. I'm sure you can deal with explosions in the distance, but folks who've never been around a .50 cal going off tend to find it a shock." Michelle added.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2018, 01:55:52 PM »

McKay

Radek

Radek grinned like a cheshire cat at Michelle, and relished the look on McKay's face, he was bamboozled

"Oh, very funny"  McKay said sarcastically, tilting his head slightly to the right

"See if you feel like playing when you strap this big boy to your arm"
McKay coughed and looked away and walked down the ramp, almost embarrassed by what he had said "Ok kids, lets go fire it up, Radek, get the shield going" And he waved his hand at him, signaling him to hurry up, while casting a quick glance at Michelle hoping that she had an attention span of a goldfish, but he knew he wasn't that lucky

Radek grinned as he passed him on the ramp
"I suggest you blind her with science, not acronyms"

That earned him a McKay dead eye
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:02:01 PM by Teddy »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »

Reese laughed and shook Michelle 's hand.  "Dr. Reese Prescott.  I'm the tag along just in case someone gets hurt," she smiled.  "Hopefully though my services aren't needed. "

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »

"Glad to meet you, Doc. I hope Bones hasn't been causing you any trouble. He's always grouchy, but that's why we love him." Michelle said as she got out of her seat.

She then just looked at Rodney for a moment as she hefted up the TAC-50.

"...you sure I got this? I dunno, I just get this impression I'm going to have a hard time or something. Call it a disturbance in the Force..." Michelle commented dryly.

Ronon grunted a chuckle as he helped pick up the remaining weapons and ammo cans, before moving out to where everything was set up. Luckily, that also included some folding chairs and two folding tables. Michelle set down the rifle before opening up one of the ammo cans and pulling out a folded up tarp, which she unfolded on a clear bit of ground facing the shield. She then moved the TAC-50 onto the tarp, racking open the massive grooved bolt and then set the two large magazines, which held all of 5 rounds of .50BMG rounds, next to the rifle.

She moved on to the other three weapons on the table, racking open the breach to the M203, swinging open the M32 MGL so that the empty cylinder drum was exposed, and then pulled the bolt back to open it on the AA-12, setting it on the table with no magazine inserted. Only her Mk. 17 SCAR-H and the P226R in its holster on her thigh remained as they were.

Finally, she turned her cap around backwards and grabbed a pair of ear protectors from another one of the ammo cans, hanging them around her neck.

"Alright, Doc, let's test your toy, and then I want to conduct an experiment of my own. I didn't bring all this out because I was trying to impress anyone. Sheppard and the security team were engaging the Vanir shield using G36s and P90s, those fire relatively low caliber rounds. I want to see if the shield reacts to different calibers, including explosive rounds, all the way up to what'll happen if a Fifty Cal hits it. Might help if you need to do any improvements." Michelle said.

"And I want to make sure I can do any damage or not." Ronon added.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2018, 11:04:59 AM »

McKay

Zelenka

Rodney walked over to Ronon

"I'm almost sure you could do damage to it, with sustained fire, but whether or not you could penetrate it, well, we shall see, you know, you could let me see how that works one day and how do you charge it up?  is it like a phone, plug it in a socket? I'm amazed how the power never seems to diminish, maybe if we meet the travellers again they would let me have one, you know, just to tinker with"He looked at Ronon and gave him a flash of a grin as he turned to look at Radek and shouted

"Haven't you got that running yet?  Do I have to do everything myself?"He strode over to him as the shield lit up, and Radek mumbled

"Yes. yes you do, or so you constantly keep telling me"He sighed

"I heard that"He said as he looked down at the tablet"Ok, we need to ramp up the power, to get it juuuust right"

Radek fiddled with a small box that was powering  the shield and the hum rose

McKay held up his arm

"Yes, hold it....there, great, it seems to be all ready...so. He spun round as he spoke and pointed at them all
.....ready when you are"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:10:34 AM by Teddy »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ronon said, as a statement, not a question. Ronon hardly ever let anyone touch his weapon, and that wasn't about to change. Anyone who wanted one of their own, well, they had to get in line.

Michelle finished attaching the device to her right wrist, over her fatigues and tactical gloves. Once at was done, she stepped up to the firing line. Taking the Mk. 17 up in a ready stance, she sighted in one of the targets under the protection of the shield that glowed yellow between her and it. Once satisfied, she lowered the rifle slightly, just to return the barrel to aiming at the grass.

Ronon noticed it wasn't quite the same as how he had seen Sheppard and his people in a firing stance. He hadn't noticed when bullets were flying in that Genii bunker, but the way Mako carried themselves was also different. Different even to O'Neil, and wasn't she from their unit? Humans were odd this way, but this group at least had an appreciation for firepower. The P90 always felt like a toy in his massive hands, at least these weapons weren't quite the case...

"Okay, Doc, how's this supposed to go down. Does the blast weaken it and then I start putting steel on target?" Michelle asked, not breaking her stance.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2018, 07:22:16 PM »

"Nope all's been good," Reese grinned.  Of course she Hadn't been around the others much.  She hefted her bag to her shoulder and followed the others.  She was curious just what they were up to.  Reese kept quiet as the others talked.  This was all out of her zone.  Although maybe she would learn something.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10